SQ - AV processor preouts vs. stereo linestage preamp

When using a network player with DAC, Is there much of a diff between connecting the player to a stereo preamp vs preouts in an AV processor?  Lets assume high end components involved.
jumia
Amazing they cant seem to design an avr that can achieve sq of a stereo pre,  it would sell extremely well and change the planet.

wish i never learned about stereo pre’s - ignorance is bliss.
But crappy sound isn’t. 

How do u use avr preouts.
Just run a pair of interconnects from the front L/R preouts of the NAD to an unused input (or HT Bypass if there is one) on the stereo preamp.  You can continue to use the NAD for HT duties, but it’ll be completely out of the signal path for 2-channel, which is what you want.  Best of both worlds in one system. 

Thanks
i have run the processor preouts into a preamp and found i need to turn up the preamp sound all the way to get sound to come thru from the processor.

which means if i forget to turn it way down when i switch inputs i will blow my brain up. It is dangerous if i make a mistake. So your approach can be risky unless i get a pre with ht bypass.

i guess true ht bypass will handle switching without extreme sound risk.

i wish there was a quality AB switch with a remote, but seems not many use this approach to switch between ht and stereo.
i have run the processor preouts into a preamp and found i need to turn up the preamp sound all the way to get sound to come thru from the processor.
You can control that by increasing the level of the L/R channels in the prepro’s level balance that would allow you to not have to turn the stereo preamp’s volume level up high.  Or, as you say, if you get a preamp with a HT bypass it becomes a non issue. 

But crappy sound isn’t.
+1