Hearing aid suggestions

Well, I'm 66, and I've surely got some high-frequency hearing loss, a little tinnitus and who-knows-what-else hearing problems.  So, I'll be scheduling a consult with an audiologist soon.  I suppose hearing aids will be recommended.  Any body have some helpful experience?  Of course, I'm most concerned about being able to hear music accurately, but there are endless other considerations, batteries or rechargeable, in-ear or brick behind the ear, bluetooth and apps...on and on.   Any tips and details would be appreciated.
77jovian
Getting the right hearing aid model is extremely dependent on your own particular issues so any blanket recommendations would be meaningless. The biggest hurdle is finding a reliable, honest, well trained audiologist that is up to date on the latest technology. My wife has had many years experience with hearing aids and she's found the best audiologists were partnered with either University associated clinics or large private health care practices. Not to say that small business type hearing clinics can't be excellent as well, but she's found too many small clinics weren't up to date with current tech ( hearing aid tech is rapidly evolving.) FWIW, she was one the first people in the US to purchase the newest "More" hearing aids from the Danish company Oticon and has been blown away by how improved they are over sound quality vs. state of the art just five years ago. Apparently the Danes excel in high end audio and hearing aid technology. She spent about $6k for a pair. Good Luck!
Oh, and as to the issue of rechargeable vs. battery operated, the vast majority of folks are going with rechargeable models. You do trade off a slightly larger case to hold the rechargeable battery vs. the models with batteries that need replacement. For an adult male, I can't believe that would be much of an issue. Mike Fremer wrote and article some months back about trying hearing aids and how they impacted his music listening.

Two Months With Widex’s Moment 440 mRIC R D Hearing Aids | Analog Planet
Thanks, Photon, for the helpful information.  I was afraid my question would ignite hearing aid controversies...tube or solid state, hearing aid trestles, that sort of thing.