klipsh scala speakers

my son likes his music loud so it can make his room shake! he's been looking at these speakers lately. there are different models of these out there! which ever model he decides to buy will he be happy with it???
128x128g_nakamoto
Cerwin Vega's IS THE LOUD speaker for teens.!!!!  I still have mine.
405 WATT'S dual protection=Fuse and Breaker, I5" inch Monster woofers, dual midranges and horn tweeter, very high sensitivity, CLS215 is the one and you don't have to pay 10k for a system. I listen to my Khorn for a good jazz session, but when i want to BANG out the walls Vega's is the ones. Yeah Baby!!!
@audition__audio you can whine and cry all you want about how you hate Klipsch, face the fact they have a following like no other speaker manufacturer.

Seems two camps of Klipsch heritage fans, purists and the diy crowd, obviously I'm in latter. How some can like with ss and stock form is beyond me, exponential horns, metal in some models, talk about timbre liabilities!

Fortunately, stock Klipsch heritage has many positive attributes diy crowd can build upon. My one of a kind Klipschorns builds on all those positive attributes and delivers wonderfully natural timbre and tonal balance. I've been through numerous box and open baffle speakers over the years, some extreme modifications, heard mega buck systems at shows and other's homes, nothing compares to sense of real performers in room these Klipschorns deliver.

My take is Klipsch gets bad name from listeners who hear the same speaker liabilities I hear from stock units, may also be unsympathetic partnering system. Being an inveterate modder, I saw those liabilities as fertile ground for mods, this allowed me to listen past those flaws and hear the positive attributes.
I dont think I was whining or crying about Klipsch. Inevitably, some Klipsch fan comes on and responds inappropriately if another enthusiast doesnt give them a glowing review. Listen the degree of radicalism of a fan base says nothing about the quality of the speaker. And it is pretty common for people to get tribal about what they like audio or otherwise. So your response was expected.

Read the post by sns and I think his take pretty much mirrors mine thoughts on older Klipsch products. I think he perhaps gives the speaker too much credit as a basic platform, but he actually owns the product and I do not. Fact is that no attribute of Klipsch is unique to Klipsch (except on the K-horn) and I dont see the need to modify in many of the other speakers, albeit more expensive horns, that I see with the Klipsch line. 

When you look at the older Klipsch line you have: horn geometry that isnt correct, horn material that isnt correct, horrible quality of crossover parts and incorrect crossover values on some of the line and from what I have heard from others drivers which are/were cheap. Now this is all information given me by other horn enthusiasts and tube amp/preamp manufacturers, but much of what they say is verified by the high number of owners who modify to make the speaker palatable. 

So if I bought a performance car which required modification to get it to run with other performance cars it would give me serious pause and cause me to question the entire designs current viability.

If you like the line more power to you, but I think that nostalgia plays a big part in the attraction to the older Klipsch speakers as does the coziness of the tribe. They sound great to you and not me...what is the big deal? I dont know of any other speaker fan base that gets as defensive as do the Klipsch guys.