upgrades

at 68years old  Audio fever is on the rise again  my 1990 system  in part in need of a up grade  Starting with mp PLINIUS 16 PreAmp  with  a great phono stage Is being Replaced  with a  NAT Symmetrical  Balanced Tube PreAmp  Any Thoughts  @nd up Grade  Thiel 3.6  Speakers  for a pair of B &  W805-D3  Due To smaller living space  Driven By a KRELL  KSA 150 powerAmp can get some Advise  
geleary123
I Will  Try   The   TA-102 FO.Q  Tape i wonder if two many Tweks  gets  a little out of hand  with a reverse effect  
if you value the time, phase and coherent launch in your current speakers, you should give the Vandersteen Treo CT a listen. 

of course, you know what you are replacing is legend.

have fun….
Have to actually agree with Millercarbon (for once) about isolating speakers. I have B&W 805 D3 speakers, recently placed on IsoAcoustic Gaii's. Transformative sound. In fact the single biggest improvement made so far in my system.
Imagine if you had put them on Podiums! Not just speakers either. Speakers are obvious because they vibrate the most. But every component benefits. If the OP does his whole system then like I said the improvement will be hard to believe.