Best Bang for your Buck DAC ?

I just realized I’m in the market for a DAC , I don’t want to spend a fortune on a DAC either . I picked up a drangonfly cobalt a while back and am unimpressed  so I moved it to my CPU and sounds really good on my system there which when I bought it figured I would do anyway since it was my first DAC purchase . There are so many DACs I have no clue , how high up on the returns chart can I go at say $1,000 before I run into heavy Diminished returns resistance. I’m open to buying used . I was thinking about a Schitt made in the states ? Anyone’s take on best bang for buck DACs? 
ngiordano
Without question not to be overlooked and built like a tank
anyone thinking that powersupplies and filtering in digital isnot that important knows very little about digital ,digital by far is the most sensitive to noise being so low voltage
the Audio GD line are a exceptional line .
this have a Big following in Europe.I lived there and knew about them 10 years ago ,they have progressed dramatically.
the R2R  dac Underwood Wally is selling is a steal at $1195 delivered.
There is nothing in its price class it’s power supply alone weighs
more then most dacs in the $1k range yes better then the Denafrips  Arias 2  dac IMO. I read on other forums several years ago it didnot Measure as good as others  ,well guess what it sounded very natural 
many cheap solidstate items measure great but sound like crap.
a vacuum tube amplifier a perfect example of the press saying  vacuum tube is washed up solid state measures much better 
but  it means nothing ,its design has its own filtering scheme remember that and many different ways to measure a circuit Getting back to Audio GD ,a 2 year warranty shipped and serviced in the U.S .it sounds powerful but natural .their  upper end gear even better still.

Post removed 
@in_shore
Not to really come to his defense (djones51), he and I have disagreed significantly on a few things. One point I think he made in another thread, I must say was a pearl of wisdom - If someone is using a router, powering it with a linear power supply is a better upgrade than buying a highly overpriced "Audiophile network router".
If it wasn't you djones 51, call me out - if it was, great info thanks!

If you're using a network router into the device before a DAC or to a DAC, do try using a linear power supply to it for streaming purposes. 
I haven't, but after considerable research, it's commonly found to be a boost in sonic performance.
I have 3 "audiophile switches" each with their own LPS.  Not sure if any of them are highly overpriced or priced just right, but each as added a benefit.  I have tried removing each and quickly put them back.  I have  absolutely no buyer regret with the purchases.  I have also added an eternal clock to 2 of the switches and that has put them over the top.

I agree adding a LPS removes some of the nasties.  An audiophile switch is going to have some technology to quiet noise and also a better clock to reduce jitter.  Its going to have a much bigger impact than the noise reduction of a LPS and is likely to benefit more from an LPS than a router.  From a cost aspect adding a LPS can be the least expensive move and it will bring benefit.  However, two of my LPS's cost a little more than two of my switches, does that make my LPS's highly overpriced also?

Don't be afraid to pull the trigger on a highly overpriced audiophile switch.  There are trials for the Uptone EtherRegen and English Electric 8Switch.  I kept both.
Audio GD just upgraded their latest which Underwood Wally is the new U.S distributor,service center the R2R1 packs a lot for just over a grand , on AudioGD website  there is last years review from you tube this  new model is vastly improved for 2021 and sonically very natural sounding ,better detailed then Denafrips aries2 dac that was light in punch and dynamics compared with fro other Audiophile in AZ  I spoke with.
https://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/audio-gd