Gryphon Diable 300 DAC vs. Lumin X1 DAC

Greetings folks,

I'm about to do an A-B test between the DAC in the Gyphon Diable 300 (integrated amp) versus using the DAC in the LUMIN X1 Streamer.  I'm doing my best at understanding the architectural / technical / specification difference between the two DACs before I actually get it all hooked up for listening.  This is working toward the potential purchase of the X1 as a streamer upgrade.

The Gryphon Diable DAC (a separate add-on purchase, btw), has a Sabre ES9018 High-End D/A converter, if that helps. Not sure what technical specs would be helpful here.

The Lumin X1 DAC has Dual ES9038Pro SABRE DACs featuring 140dB dynamic range. Plus a bunch more specs.

Anyway, would appreciate any insights you knowledgeable DAC-goners have about the difference in the two DACs.  Anything significant in the architecture of the two, of the components they use to build?  Yada Yada Yada

And no, please don't suggest any other models at this point.  This is an A-B comparison right now.  

Remember, this is just educating myself before the actual listening takes place.

Thanks in advance
pgaulke60
@pgaulke60 

What's your current amp? 

If you like the way the X1 sounds, the advantage is that you could use the Nucleus as your Roon Core and the X1 as the Roon endpoint. That will most likely sound better than running Roon Core and endpoint on the Nucleus and then connecting to your DAC via USB. You can also eliminate USB from the signal chain as well and connect the X1 via ethernet. 

I've heard the Gryphon Diablo 300 (not with the internal DAC) and was really impressed. The problem is, however, that it seems like you'd be buying a high-end integrated just to get an add on DAC module. In this scenario you would run the Nucleus as a core and endpoint and then connect to the DAC via USB. 

Knowing just how good their amps are.
I thought Gryphon would have been smarter than that, and use R2R for their best digital conversion products, but no. Their digital stuff has never been as well excepted sonically as their amps have been

Cheers George
I concur with the other replies that you're minimizing the overall value of the X1 by not factoring in the streaming function within the unit.  It's a top class streamer on its own and should surpass the Nucleus by leaps and bounds in that area.  If you're seriously considering the X1, it's best to look at it as a total package.  Just my $0.02.
I have a Diablo 120 w/dac that I love.  But recently got a X1 for future upgraditis-purposes, if anything.  Lumins take so long to break in but so worth it.