can cassette decks overheat?

can cassette decks overheat? i have a cassette deck in a tight space, and I am wondering if it can/will.

leemurray2007
I’ve had my Aiwa AD f770 for going on 38 years now, and not once has it over heated. Short of a belt change, still going strong. Also own its little brother, the ad f660, no issues. These were some of the best cassette decks ever made! Had the king of the hill ad f990 Aiwa but sold it as I needed money at the time. It fetched $900! Back to question, I guess anything is possible, so cannot rule out an issue with over heating. However that is usually a concern with amps.
@audioguy85 cool, thanks! I really love having series of audio equipment. I am trying to get together a B&O turntable collection.
I've never seen a deck with vents.  My Teac        V-1050 was worked hard for 20 years totally packed in a cabinet.. Never opened up the case. Good as new.
Throw your Sony's out, I did,  cheap breaking belts.
I have never heard of a cassette deck overheating but if it gets a lot of radiated heat from other equipment it might make the tape in the cassette suffer some damage due to the extreme conditions it is being exposed to.