Modwright LS100 vs The followings

I am using a Modwright LS100. I think it sounds quite good, but I am wondering how does it compared to the followings:

1) Coincident Statement Line stage
2) ARC SP10
3) Doge 8
4) Supratek Chardonnay
I listen to SP10 at my friends place, it has a huge sound stage and very holographic. But the price in the used market keeps going up. Given the current market price, I am wondering is it is better to get a current production model.

Would any of this be a significant upgrade to the Modwright LS100?
gte357s
I was surprised by this when I swapped from the Mullard 5AR4 in my LS100 to a Brimar 5V4 rectifier. If you think the Mullard is good, this is (IMHO) as good if not better and for the lot less $$$$ than a Mullard. I found the Brimar 5V4 to be as clear as the Mullard but with a slight more "edge" to things and I mean that in a good way - a little more on the dynamics. And yes to all the others what have posted that before you do the preamp "tail chasing", take it from someone who has owned over 22 different preamps, good tubes, and getting very good A/C power cords will make a large difference, and you won't make a mistake selling something that should not be sold. I often wonder how many pieces of equipment I sold, blaming them for poor sonics when I should have treated power cords as equally as I have all the other components.
@gte357s, 
Any further preamplifier  listening impressions/thoughts?
Charles 
@charles1dad 
Both preamp can draw me into music but in a different way.  I am 95% listen to Jazz where most of the song has vocal, saxophone, drums, cello, guitar, trumpet and piano.  The Modwright really have a rich tone.  For female vocals, it is warm and non-fatigue.  For guitars and cellos, I don’t know how to described, but it has more density, as I can hear the vibration of the wood body.

Now if I switch to the Coincident, the tone is not as rich.  But it gives me a greater feeling of live performance.  I am emersed into the music.  The soundstage is wider and deeper, a bit more details, a bit more dynamic.  It is more of an overall feeling.  But if I pick on certain things to do a comparison, say focus on listening to guitar notes, then I will like the rich tone of the Modwright.  I think I am done doing comparisons, so, I don’t pick on listening the notes from the Coincident.

But I am not saying the tone on Coincident is bad, nor the soundstage on Modwright is bad.  It is just one shines a little more than the other in those aspects.  So, both preamps are good in a slightly different ways.
Hi@gte357s,
I hear ya 😊. Two splendid choices, each with its alluring strengths. Just depends on which one you’d find more satisfying in the long term. I’m 90-95% jazz as well 😊.
Charles
I owned the Coincident Statement Line stage and the Supratek Syrah preamp, which is a Chardonnay plus a built in phono stage. The CSLS is a better preamp sonically than the Syrah. The phono stage in the Syrah is superb, though. I would recommend moving up to the Cortese if you are wanting to buy a Supratek product. I owned the Cortese also, and it was decidedly better than the Syrah.

Regarding the tonal qualities of the CSLS, my initial impression of the CSLS was similar to the OP’s. However, I found a dac and cables that I like that tailored the sound more to my liking. So maybe this is a compliment for the CSLS. The CSLS allows one to easily hear differences in sources and cabling. I moved on from the CSLS, mainly because I wanted a remote volume control, not because of the lack of any sonic quality of the CSLS.