Esoteric X-01 Limited or new D-03/P-03

I’m torn between a new X-01 Limited or the new D-03/P-03 combo. If I went with the D-03/P-03 combo, I would start off with the D-03 and add the P-03 later on. The X-01 uses the tried and true Burr Brown 1704 Dacs and converts DSD to 88.2 kHz PCM. The D-03 on the other hand uses Analog Devices AD1955 Dacs and can do the following: DSD>DSD, PCM>DSD, and PCM>PCM (upsampled) and not sure about DSD>PCM. The P-03 utilizes the latest VRDS-Neo transport although there are probably not many differences to the one used in the X-01 Limited.

Even though the X-01 was just updated to “Limited” status, it is still an older based product, whereas the D-03/P-03 was just released to the U.S. market at CES 2006 where it received some very positive press.

Any thoughts, comments, or more information are welcome.
Thank you.
cdw57
David, as I understand it, the upgrades for the X-01 LE are:
1. The RCA output jacks are now WBT jacks
2. The Digital output jack is now WBT
3. Internal wiring has been changed from Van den Hul silver wiring to Acrolink 6N copper wiring - same as used in the P01/D01 top of the line Esoteric combo
4. Changes to the connectors, capacitors and resistors in the output stage to the ones that are also used in the P01/D01.
5. An improved stock power cord based on Acrolink copper wire - same as the one used in the P01/D01.

I do not know if the D03/P03 is multichannel or not.
D03/P03 is multichannel through the I-Link ports. You have to daisy chain three D03s together for multichannel. A single D03 has only a left/right analog output- balanced or RCA.

The curious question for me is that the D03 uses a totally different DAC architecture versus the current Esoteric machines- D01/X-01/X-03 etc. I guess we'll have to wait for a Soundstage review to know if it's for better or worse since they have reviewed a lot of Esoteric machines including the X-01 Limited.
I think that Babybear has done a pretty thorough job of describing the changes to the X0-1 Limited Edition. Soundstage has just reviewed the changes. Two things: i) the WBT's are the NextGen connectors which minimize the amount of metal and are larger than the typical RCA female and ii) the power cord included may be made by Acrotec but has molded ends which is never a good sign. I have compared it with a number of aftermarket cords and suggest that an aftermarket cord is the better answer.
mgottlieb, the answer is yes, in the next several weeks Teac America will start accepting upgrade orders from current X-01 customers. I heard somewhere that the upgrade is quite complex and may involve perhaps 100 parts.
CDW, I can only echo some of the comments already made. . . let your own ears do the walking. Don't worry too much about the technical alphabet soup inside X-01 and P03/D03, but trust your own eventual opinion of the sound of these critters.