Quality of Cables When Bi-Amping

Currently I have a Bi wire setup using golden reference speaker cables from MC501’s to Lawrence Audio Double Bass speakers. Do i need the same quality cables when i bi-amp or can i use spare 18 gauge wires?
roddyboy
@roddyboy 
You might be able to answer your own question. Someone made the investment in these particular Lawrence Audio speakers (orig retail of $28.5k, some used under 8k now days), and made the investment in Golden Reference speaker cables so far (not cheap), right?

Those are fairly sophisticated speakers. Not just something you throw some wire on.  Unless you are simply testing to try something out for fun, why would you not eventually use comparable speaker cabling to what you have now for bi-amping. Using some "spare 18-gauge wires" isn't adding up. Is it spool wire from a hardware store, or speaker cabling. Share more of the story here to get better advice.

It's a no name brand 18 gauge wiring, and i agree with what your saying.. i guess i was looking for that sliver of light that would sway me from not having to pay additional dollars if i didn't have too.. 

@roddyboy  The reason I’m sharing this is I’m currently right in the process of going back and testing and re-evaluating some NOS Golden Reference cables myself for other purposes. I’m comparing them to some newer ohno occ cable designs I use a my primary cable setup. And, intermixing with interconnects. The older design and materials of the GR cables has a particular signature sound to it. If you like it, other cables are not going to give you the same result, tone, texture, or overall presentation You could either match what you have now and secure another pair, or sell what you have now and start over and buy two new pairs of something else in matched form as another option.

Its not worth training for a marathon, running the race, and falling down 50 feet from the finish line and stopping there :)
If you are going to do bi-amp correctly, you need good quality cables (all). I can't speak for Golden Reference, but the lower the resistance the better. I think I've mentioned that I'm a silver over copper guy. NO 18 gauge please.