Mat for Rega P10

I decided to start this discussion to hear different experiences from Rega RP10 and P10 users. I know Rega does not suggest replacing their own, supplied with turntable, mat as doing so can degrade the sound but I have to say that I am loyal opposition to that concept, looking for replacement ASAP.

I know Framer recommended the Stein Music The Perfect Interface Carbon mat but $625 for mat is quite steep I think. Even the cheapest one is $250 and I do not consider It a bargain. 

Does anybody here use either of those two mats and can share some insight as to why they are so expensive and if they really make that much of a difference?

arturgorniak
Um... yes, I was being facetious.

That said, the recent glowing review above does compare adding a Stein mat to be in the same league as adding $10k worth of system upgrades. So what do I know? Probably no hyperbole there.
Even more hyperbole than MC.....although a different type. MC believes it, I can't see how this guy does. He is trolling.

If you read the note from  @gbmcloud, he said he used the mat on the "lowly P3". How can you say anything is worth $10K when using that? Maybe the other components are so great and the P3 is so far below those levels that the difference was significant. More than upgrading to a $5K table?

Please....
And I just saw two typos in my post.
But the biggest was:
"The Stein sounded like my system had just had a $10,000 component dropped into it."
I meant to type "$2,000 component dropped into it."

So much for posting after a cutting down  some trees and limbs for 4 hours! My fingers were a-quiverin'!

One thing hasn’t changed: the benefits will be most audible on classical, older (minimally mike) music, and not the over-produced records so prevalent in the 80s and 90s. I was somewhat unhappy with the fact that, although there were improvements (mainly heard in the voice tracks), that the other records didn’t demonstrate the same degree of improvement, although transients were generally better everywhere.
I’m still euphoric about the mat, but only over about 1/3 of my collection so far.