XLR (Balanced) interconnect cable question

Hi,
Right now I'm using XLR cables between my Parasound amplifier and processor based on Canare L-4E6S cabling. Since I'm upgrading my processor to a much higher level (Marantz AV8805 to Lyngdorf MP-60) I'm looking to upgrade my cabling also. Don't want to go crazy. Here are my options:- Wireworld Equinox 8 XLR- Cullen Cable Copper Series XLR Interconnects:  Interconnect Features:
  • Super Flexible 8mm PVC Outer Jacket
  • 98% Shield constructed of 99.9% Pure OFC copper wire with drain wire which will eliminate EFI and RF
  • 18 awg 99.99% Pure OFC Copper Conductors
  • Teflon dielectric which provides an extremely high signal transfer and accurate sound quality
  • Covered with black Techflex sleeving
  • Made in the USA with professional grade materials
  Connectors:

XLR’s Nuetrik X series with 24K gold plated Pins

- Schmitt Custom Audio cable WE Balanced XLR Black Gold InterconnectsSchmitt Custom Audio Western Electric 3 pin Balanced XLR Interconnects are built with vintage 24 gauge solid core copper Western Electric wire covered with silk cloth from the 1940's and 1950's era. Each strand is covered with black, platinum and red sleeves, then loosely braided and soldered to Neutrik 3 pin males and female connectors with black shells and 24kt gold plated pins.
The Wireworld cable is well reviewed, however the Schmitt cable uses the Western Electric vintage wire (also well reviewed). Cullen Cable is know for good, affordable products.
Any thoughts? Thank you.

128x128mhaanraadts
While I really like the Wireworld Equinox and Eclipse, as far as I know, NEITHER is shielded.  IN fact, I can't recall any Wireworld interconnect that was shielded.  Doesn't mean that they don't perform well, just that you are under an incorrect impression as to the shielding.
I don't know about Wireworld, but would suspect they are shielded. I prefer silver platted copper wire with silver connectors because of the lowest resistance and silver oxide is a great conductor.
One of the difficulties in interconnects is predicting the effect on a specific system. Specs don’t really help. It is best to try them. Rent or borrow several brands. You can do this on Line or with a local dealer. Get three or four brands, see what they sound like. If they don’t make you want to buy them, then don’t. Given the level of your new components you want to wait until the components are completely broken in before doing the comparison ( at least 500 hours). You want to know exactly what your system sounds like before doing a cable choice. The most purchased brands of audiophile quality are WireWorld, Transparent, and Audio Quest. I recommend trying each of those and maybe some wild card of something you heard about that is reported to be exceptional.

As an example, I use Transparent Ultra between my music streamer and DAC. I tried some high end Nordost and the sound turned brittle, etched, and harsh. Nordost makes exceptional interconnects. On most systems these are interconnects would sound outstanding. But for some reason on mine for this particular connection they did not.