Dr. Feickert Blackbird TT
Kuzma 4-Point tonearm
Koetsu Rosewood Signature Platinum cartridge

Phono pre’s under consideration:
Pass Labs XP-27
Modwright PH-150
Luxman EQ 500
Wheat Audio PS.40RDT

What do you think would be the best match? Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
Ag insider logo xs@2xjjgasp
@jjgasp I don't use Koetsu however there is a long documented love affair of the match between Koetsu and the FR64S/FR66S tonearms. If vintage isn't your thing there is some buzz around the Glanz arms having similar synergy.

Is your 4PT the 11"?
I found Teac PE-505 amazing phono-pre, rare in below 2k price range with balanced input and output. Excellent RIAA EQ accuracy.
@ chakster - what cartridge would you recommend for my TT/tonearm combo?

Kuzma 4 Point effective mass is 18g

My recommendation is Audio-Technica AT-ML180 (MM) it was absolutely fantastic on my Reed 3P 12 inch with 18g effective mass. This is my favorite MM cartridge (and I tried so many MC and MM). If you want my personal recommendations - this is it! I invested $2k in original dead stock styli for back up, I’m packed for a long time with this gem. AT made two versions of cantilever: Gold-Plated Beryllium Pipe and Gold-Plated Boron Pipe. They made two different versions of the motor: LC-OFC and PC-OCC. The stylus tip on all versions is MicroLine (the best profile). Not sure if it’s possible to find a NOS AT-ML180 for less than $3k nowadays, but in my opinion this is real killer. Slightly cheaper versions is AT-ML170 which is also fantastic MM from my top 5.

Regarding LOMC I think you already have a good one, but personally I never tried your Koetsu cartridge, I could recommend Miyajima Kansui as an alternative (I love Miyajima for their organic sound).