Fuse Upgrade to Ceramic not glass

Been researching fuses and see a need to upgrade to Ceramic over glass but don't neccesarily buy into the hoopla over expensive Fuses, I would say getting rid of any glass type for ceramic is the way to go , I truly believe thats what people hear the difference in , ceramic is a much better material for acoustics than a crap glass / thin wire that can Vibrate and be a weak link in my opinion I'm not about to spend a fortune on fuses either a quality ceramic will suffice. Question where does one find out what fuses are in his gear ? I want to figure out what I need for my Marantz before I take it out of my Rack and spend time  , open her up just to figure out what I need is a big time waster. I called marantz they referred me to a svc Dept but they couldn't tell me either , Is there a way to figure out what I need to have it so I can do this project in one shot?? or maybe I have ceramic already and dont know it , breaking my rack down to figure out cant happen.
nickaboy1
brubin  your the man , thanks some of these guys are no help at all . now do you have any idea how I can find out what's in my receiver without taking it apart . my receiver is in my rack so a tear down has to be done I want to avoid looking to see and waiting a week for fuses to come in . I have a Marantz sr6013, I get awesome sound from this guy and after all the tweaks Ive done it really does sound great but before I upgrade to a Processor and amp I want to see if fuses would make a difference . no one tweak makes a world of difference but when you add them all together it really does make a difference. Its like putting an exhaust on your car , if you dont increase the airflow in you cant really get the performance of the exhaust. this is a hobby for me and not to sound like a douche like some people I do believe everything matters but I also have to make educated decisions and draw the line on some things, I have other hobbies and things going on in my life , I cant lay my gear all over the floor Like Miller Carbon , I have a sexy wife at home. some of these guys are against surge protectors of any kind so why dont we just get rid of the fuse all together and just silver solder it and be done with it , Ive never blew a fuse in my life yet , I always use surge protection. the whole receiver is a fuse if it goes it wasn't meant to be get another one. 
Hi guys,  just want to stop what might or might not be a bit of confusion. Remember in amplifiers fast or slow blow have their place.  Normally fast blow are used on the rails where they need to blow FAST in case of a problem. This prevents taking out components on the board.  Slow blow are normally used in the power supply where they can handle minor fluctuations in power without blowing all the time.  
I can't say always,  but normally fuses need to be kept as designed. 
Normally fast blow are used on the rails where they need to blow FAST in case of a problem.

DC rail fuses are next to useless and add resistance and sometimes "bad contact" to the dc line, if either blow, it’s catastrophic for the output stage anyway. That’s why most amps these days don’t have them any more like some used to in the bad old days.

Cheers George
nickaboy1 - look at the manual for details.  check the back of the amp (with power off and unpluged from wall)  you can access the fuses and determine sizes.   As far as surge protection etc,  look into power conditioners that are parallel filtered.  not series.  like 
shunyata.com/