..so you think there's no need.......

I have Vandersteen 5A speakers which have a sub section that's powered by its own class D amp....very efficient...needs little power. The power cords look like Home Depot specials.  Yesterday, I found an old Transparent brand power cord....what the heck.   I substituted the HD left cord with the Transparent, the result is a major sonic improvement, not only in the lows where you'd expect, but in the soundstage mids/highs.  Although I can't pinpoint a difference in sound from the 2 speakers, I now have to explore a 2nd power cord for the right one....I don't expect I'll ever find a Transparent power cord after all these years.
128x128stringreen
Free????  OMG an obvious scam! He's going to get your home address and ... and ... well ... yeah ... 
You made me verify…According to the Audio Pefectionist Journal review of the 5a’s…

There are four Class B bass amplifiers in each Model 5A speaker. They share a power-factor-compensated switching power supply but the amplifiers themselves have high-current linear circuits operating in a bridged configuration.
RV designed an excellent and rugged sub amp, bigger version used in 7’s. There are some threads on this forum about DIY cords for the sub as only a certain IEC fits.
Stereo5 has restored my faith in this place......
Also check out
 the Vandy owners forum on the factory website...
The reason most "audiophile approved " power cords don't fit is because the IEC connection must fit between the cooling fins of the bass amp.  Most of these cords have a bulbous Iec plug.