Beatles Vinyl Mono Box..do you have one?

I posted a similar thread over at the Hoffman forum. I just purchased a sealed box for $1400. The asking prices are they the roof and keep rising. Do any of you have the mono box ( vinyl). What are your thoughts? I have played B4S and Sgt pepper. Both are the best versions I have ever heard. The new Sgt pepper stereo remix is right up there 
aberyclark
No. I have two ears.
Actually I have monos. Don't listen to them.
I lived through it.
I have original UK Parlophone stereo LP’s, and the mono box. The early stereos are silly---vocals and instruments panned hard left and hard right (sounds like our political environment ;-). The Beatles and George Martin put all their energy into creating the mono mixes, leaving the stereo to an assistant engineer.

By the time of Sgt. Pepper, stereo was being used to enhance the psychedelic nature of the music of that time, and some Beatles aficionados prefer that album in stereo. Sgt. Pepper was recorded on multiple 4-track machines, "bouncing" tracks from one machine to another as additional parts were added. Not a great recording, I much prefer Rubber Soul and Revolver.

The mono boxset cost $300 when I bought it; shoulda bought a couple more ;-) .
I have the stereo version. I love them. Bought when they came out. Rubber Soul is my favorite. I have friends that bought the mono, saying they were totally more true to the original... they do not listen to them.
Bought it when it came out, listened all the way through. Since bought the UK stereo blue box. Have not listened to most (yet) of those. However did compare The White Album from the blue box to the MFSL version which I then sold to help fund the blue box.