Mega dollar systems. 200k on up. What are their professions?

Acoustical Systems Apolyt Turntable ($349,000), 1190.5lbs (540kg) for example. I will try to upload a picture.
128x128blueranger
I think there is probably a distinction that can be drawn between someone spending >$200k system and someone spending that same amount on a single component (such as the TT mentioned by the OP).

Still, though, it’s tough to apply logic (financial, time or otherwise) to things you are passionate about (e.g., music, travel, cars, watches, sports, etc)

Case in point, I went to a big box home store on Friday to buy some new lawn equipment.  Spent $250 and felt ill afterwards.   If someone told me a $250 bag of magic powder improved bass response if sprinkled in each corner of my listening room, I’d buy 4 bags and not even blink.

Queue the responses offering said magic powder...
"...$500k audio system is extravagant, nonetheless, regardless of income..."

It is by my standards and I did well financially but 500K is a good chunk of change for most everyone, even the so called rich. 
I love the way we can muse about "1st World Problems/issues" like this. The money we spend on treats and hobbies can only be viewed as gluttony buy the less fortunate.  Those of us who have the ability to pursue our hobbies are so very lucky. If you can afford it, no one else ever needs to questions your choices or how much you spend. Ain't Individual Freedom great? 🇺🇲