Refurbish Fidelity Research Tonearms

Would like to refurbish my FR-64s .... Has someone made it? Experience? Who? 
128x128syntax
Hello Dover,

thank you very much for your impressions. Agree, i also prefer the FR-64s with silver wire inside. It increases the natural sound by another step.
i did made no final decision but the regular refurbish will be done definetely. I want to hear what was going on when it was new, now with cartridges and phonostages of today or yesterday. I expect, it will amaze me (again).
The more I think about the direct wire option … yes, it should be another step up. Logical, smallest signal has to pass multiple contacts…
My phonocable in use is Audioquest Leopard, very well done, clever made
and a bargain compared to others which mainly are simply rebranded Regular cables.
Don’t know what brand mr. Mak uses … but When i go for direct wire, i think to get it in shotgun mode … i will see what we will do when the Arm is open.
i share your view of your named cables…
i want to keep that Arm, i learned so much with it about „modern highend“ … and it has a very high serial no >120000, could be one of the last …
Luisma, I am not anxious when it comes to cables. I long ago settled on what I liked well enough and have not felt the impulse to change or "upgrade" for at least two decades in my main upstairs system. In keeping with my finding that low characteristic impedance cables work best with my electronics and my chosen full-range ESLs, I have been using Goertz ICs, I forget the name, 21 feet of a balanced twisted pair of silver ribbons running side by side, which makes the IC capacitative.  Both my preamplifier and my amplifier are true balanced designs. For speaker wire, I use only 4 feet of Goertz silver ribbon speaker. Ralph Karsten advised long ICs and short speaker wire with his gear (Atma-sphere), and that’s what I do. Furthermore, the front end gear can be placed near my listening seat and far from the speakers, to avoid acoustic feedback. I don’t even know if Goertz still exists or still makes audio wires.
Richard Mak is my recommendation for Pricing, Quality of work and overall workmanship to bring back the tonearm like new. His Silver wire upgrade is also highly recommended.
I had my FR64s refurbished by Rick Mak. 

I can't think of anyone that has actually seen more of these apart than Rick. He did a fabulous job on mine.

Disassembled FR-64s by Thomas Schick (Germany) and his opinion about it. READ HERE