Any audiophiles into motorcycles

As its just getting into motorcycle season here in the great lakes region, motorcycling is beginning to supplant audio as my primary preoccupation. I recall there being threads as to car ownership, don't recall a motorcycle thread. And so, lets hear from the audiophile motorcycle enthusiasts out there; tell everyone about bikes you own, or have owned, and lets hear some motorcycle tales.

As for myself, I started riding around 12 years of age, little Suzuki 50cc trail bike, purchased Sears Allstate (Puch) 250cc street bike at 15 so I'd be ready for street legal riding at 16. Over the next 25 years too many bikes to list, mostly 650cc bikes and larger, migrated to super sports over those years, I was doing a lot of sports touring in those years, strap a tent and sleeping bag on bike and go for up to three or four weeks, mostly around great lakes region. I did great lakes circle tour: southern Ohio and West Virginia was a yearly tour, up into Adirondacks, northern New York, Vermont was always nice. Ontario, Canada was also a pretty common destination as was upper peninsula of Michigan. These days I  find myself pretty much sticking to weekend rides with my nephew, a budding audiophile with his Aprilia RSV4. I've been riding my little pocket rocket KTM RC390 the past few years, fun bike but lacking the thrill of bigger bore bikes such that I've now purchased 2021 Ducati Supersport S in silk white, expecting delivery next Wednesday. So, at this point my ownership of bikes includes the KTM, Ducati, Suzuki DRZ400S and 1973 Yamaha TX500 I'm in process of making into cafe racer.

My passion for motorcycles (and cars, but that's a different story) has certainly impacted my audiophile life. I don't have as much disposable income for audio, and bikes replace audio as my primary preoccupation in summer, but having passion for both sure makes for a richer life!
sns
Started riding at 10
Currently 2018 Gas Gas Ec 300 for dirt and 2004 Harley Road King for street
No bike currently but since 12 years old I've had:
Honda ct70
Suzuki RM125
Honda CB55PHonda CB400 hawkHonda CB750F
Honda VF750 InterceptorHonda CB900C
Kawasaki ZRX1200

Got cought in a July snow storm in British Columbia high mountain pass on the ZRX. Needless to say, the sport tire tread made for a nightmare ride with nowhere to pull over. Just follow the tire tracks in front and hold on. Couldn't slow down less than traffic cuz visibility was crap for everyone. What rubbed salt in the wound is once the snow stopped, sun breakes out, warms right up and by the next town I was dried out completely with no sign of the hell I just went through...... Ah, good times.
Funny you ask... Audio gear has lately been siphoning funds away from my main passion, which is riding/wrenching on classic Vespa motorscooters from the 1960’s & 70’s. Been in a couple wrecks, last one required major surgery (on me, the bike was DOA). But there ain’t nothing like the smell of 2-stroke in the morning.
Certified HD Tech since the late 90’s.
(Retired injured)
Starting at 11yo was a 5hp Briggs and Stratton powered rigid mini bike.
Then:
KX 80, KX125, CR250 in dirt.

At 16 and on:
84’ Honda VF750F
89 Kawakaki ZX7R
92 Suzuki GSRX750R
94 Honda CBR 900RR
95 Honda CBR 900RR
92 Harley XLCH 1200 Current
06 Harley FXDWG 88" Current
10 Harley FLHX 96" Current

I met one of my mentors when I got the ZX7. He was a motor head who loved and owned several hotrod jap bikes.
He taught me so much from theory to perforfance mods. All I had to do was want to learn, listen, and help around his shop and stay out of the way when "certain" guys came by.

He showed me how a 5 angle valve job was done introducing me to Newway valve seat cutters.
We (he) did my head, and taught me cam timing. I did my carbs and exhaust.

From that year on I knew it was what I wanted to do for a living.

In the mid 90’s I met my second mentor Ward Ring. He was a Suzuki 24hr Race Team Crew chief and one of his riders was none other than John Kocinski. He owns M.T.T.I which was the first m/c school I graduated from.

I worked on Jap stuff until the late 90’ I started working at a HD performance shop where the Owner became yet a third mentor as his business was geared toward HD performace and custom builds.

I then went to M.M.I in Florida to get familiar with the new engine and electrical systems which were coming out at the time.

Worked HD dealerships from Florida to Massachusetts.

After being hit by a car on motorcycle for the 3rd time in 32yrs, I don’t ride my 3 girls very much any more.

Especially the 1200 (74") Sportster which is now an 89" S&S XLSS Hot set with big boar cylinders (bored cases to accept) 3 58 Sidewinder pistons, S&S Super Sidewinder heads Andrew’s cams, gears and shafts, S&S Super G, Crane Hi-4 single fire race ignition. Thunderheader exhaust.

That bike was so much fun in my younger days. Seeing the faces of the guys who’s big twins you just chewed up never got old.
She’s not the type of scoot that likes to be putt around on.

It also scored me alot of side work.
Which is about the only wrenching this broken body does anymore.
How else will I get extra money for all this audio equipment?

Stay safe guys.

Motorcycles are everywhere,
Look twice, save a life

Post removed