A21SE vs Supernait 3 vs Eci 6 mkII

Hi,

I'm kinda undecided on which amp to choose of the 3. I have an opportunity to audition the Supernait and Eci 6 mk ii separately but I haven't heard the Sugden A21se Signature. Any thoughts on which will be best? I like an amp that has good timing on bass and good extensions on the highs. Thanks
nusstu
The A21se sounded better to me than the Supernait 3 with a "faster", more articulate reproduction of music as well as a fuller, more upfront sound. The one area in which I thought the Supernait did better was the ability to play louder or provide more power for less sensitive speakers
As usual it will depend on the speakers that will be matched to the amp. The Sugden A21SE will sound slow and lack the pace, rhythm and dynamics of the Naim Supernait when matched with certain speakers.
@ryder I agree with you. I finally heard the A21se with magicos and it sounds slow however, I listened to the Supernait 3 with Focal and they seemed a lot faster and more agile. For me, the Supernait seems to be easier to match
It's a little unfair to compare Luxman 507 with Sugden. A better comparison will be Luxman 550 or 590 which run in class A much longer.

OP -- you should definitely put the Luxman 550 on your list. If your budget permits, a 590 AXII is a solid contender.