Magnepan LRS- what amp should i consider? (sub $2,000)

Howdy!   Help !
I'm not very current on high end equipment these days- I bought my Vandersteen 2CE's about 20 years ago, and haven't been tracking the market since.   

But, since I'm going to "test drive" a pair Magnepan's LRS soon - I need to lasso a more powerful and detailed amp (my Adcom 50 wpc thang is not gonna cut it).  I could go new or used. I listen to a lot of Jazz and G  Dead, and often play things loud.  The room is 11 x 21, and has some useful sound absorbing panels behind the listening "station".

I'd really appreciate any thoughts on a suitable power amp or integrated amp - at a somewhat reasonable price. And- given the rest of my qwipment (noted below) should I invest in some cables & interconnects too?

My (fairly humble, but exciting) system:
Harmon Kardon T60 TT w/a Audio Technica VM 540 ML stylus-  running thru a Nakamichi 610 preamp.  I'm streaming my >8,000 song iTunes library from an Apple TV box into a Cambridge Audio DAC 100. Also have a HSU sub hooked in too. I don't own any fancy cables or interconnects.

Thanks!
philvk16
Another vote for Odyssey but also call Frank at Van Alstine and ask him about the SET 400 and the LRS.  The SET 400 works great in general with Maggies but it seems the LRS is a different animal.  
Hi there, I use crown 1 xls 1502 and crown xls 2502 x 2 and 1 crown xti 6002 which is the best one out of them but it costs a little over 2,000 usd at 2,100 plus tax, the xls series all fall under 1000 usd from the 1502 to the 2502 the only real difference is the power output. There is a hum or a buzz or whatever you may want to call it from the speakers and a noise from the amp more from the 2502 than the 1502. The 6002 is silent everywhere except from the fan that it uses to keep airflow and help cool it down. Also the 6002 can output 6000 watts in bridge or 3000 watts per channel if you run 2 ohm speakers and 1200 watts at 8 ohms, this amp has much more power and sounds cleaner and louder than all the rest.
Crown amps? Please. They’re made for PA systems. Lots of power & hold up to abuse on the road, but sound bad for home audio with critical speakers. Have tried Crown, Crest & QSC amps & they sound rough, course & undefined. Why do people keep recommending these types of amps.