Magnepan LRS- what amp should i consider? (sub $2,000)

Howdy!   Help !
I'm not very current on high end equipment these days- I bought my Vandersteen 2CE's about 20 years ago, and haven't been tracking the market since.   

But, since I'm going to "test drive" a pair Magnepan's LRS soon - I need to lasso a more powerful and detailed amp (my Adcom 50 wpc thang is not gonna cut it).  I could go new or used. I listen to a lot of Jazz and G  Dead, and often play things loud.  The room is 11 x 21, and has some useful sound absorbing panels behind the listening "station".

I'd really appreciate any thoughts on a suitable power amp or integrated amp - at a somewhat reasonable price. And- given the rest of my qwipment (noted below) should I invest in some cables & interconnects too?

My (fairly humble, but exciting) system:
Harmon Kardon T60 TT w/a Audio Technica VM 540 ML stylus-  running thru a Nakamichi 610 preamp.  I'm streaming my >8,000 song iTunes library from an Apple TV box into a Cambridge Audio DAC 100. Also have a HSU sub hooked in too. I don't own any fancy cables or interconnects.

Thanks!
philvk16
((((my Adcom 50 wpc thang is not gonna cut it))).So isn't it fair to say that you haven't even heard what your Vandersteens can do either?
Buy a Crown XLS-1502. 300wpc/8ohms, 525/4ohms, 775/2ohms. Can be found new from.various online sellers for $449.99. Open-box for $350! Why spend more? Sonically competitive with any of today's four-figure amps!
Thanks for the suggestion- I'll review their blurbs.
Have you had a bad experience with the Crown power amp(s)?