Bob Carver C-500 worth restoring and/or upgrading??

Hi...
I have a Carver C-500 that I am the original purchaser of back in the 80’s.
It has been stored well, but has not been used for 30 years. I have a need for a good amp with some power to drive some DynAudio Contour 20 4ohm-rated speakers.
Can anyone "with experience with C-500s" tell me if the amp is worth refurbishing/upgrading? Where I should get it done? ...and a guesstimate cost range? I am looking for good work, not a cheap price. I also respect skilled, knowledgeable technicians... The unit has nostalgic value to me, so if it can compete with today’s solid state amps from a performance standpoint, once refurbed...I want to do it up, RIGHT!
At the very least I will need the capacitors replaced.
Any takers??? (Bob Carver BASHERS need not respond, although I am open to knowledgeable criticism of the C-500 with specific evidence! 😎).
Thanks guys!

bobo1000
https://soundsclassic.com, in Rockford, ILL..

call and speak with the owner or his son. They do great work.
the restore a lot of stuff.
great work!!

If your close to Rockford, drive her there. 
I agree with everyone else, Deltronics is the place to fix it back to spec. The only downside is there is a 9 to 12 week turnaround time so be prepared to wait.
OK...I connected with Tim at Bristol Electronics in Ho Ho Kus., NJ..as mentioned above. After my amp testing the Schiit Freya arrived and as it turns out.....my amp works just fine and sounds GREAT! So Tim was correct about the capacitors! 40 years old and kicking badass! 😬
So...I am an extremely happy guy with a fantastic, powerful combo with the Freya and The Carver together. I plan to install/solder-in a new power cord on The Carver, as the original is spindly and about done. Also, the amp has no on/off switch as it was designed to be plugged into a switched outlet on the Carver preamp, (as many amp/preamp combos were of that era). So I plan on installing a radio controlled outlet for it and The Freya (as the on/off switch on The Freya is on the rear of the unit? The remote also does not have any on/off control. That is super inconvenient if your gear is in a cabinet like mine is. DUH!).
I have a Marantz SCAD/Streamer 30n shipping 2moro morning for my set-up, so I am pretty excited!!! 👍🏼

Always a good idea to have it checked out, but if you brought it up on a variac you would probably be fine.
The C-500 is basically the same as a Phase Linear 400 Series Two amp.  If it was properly stored it might not need anything done to it.

N