Need help: turntable market in the $1500-$2000 range is overwhelming

I’m looking for a new turntable. Had a Dual 1229 years ago but it broke and I got out of vinyl and all that. Got a crappy Audio-Technica around the holidays last year because I thought I’d digitize my records but I don’t feel like doing that anymore and it’s a fiddly turntable that doesn’t sound great. I’m giving myself $1500-$2000 to jump in with the expectation of buying something that’ll keep me happy for a few years.

Sorry, but no Technics tables please!!!! Black or silver. They all look like my crappy Audio-Technica and I’m going to be shallow and say looks matter and that I’m agnostic at best about direct drive. Yeah, I’m dumb.

So in the price range I’ve established I’ve looked at and found interesting offerings from:

—SOTA
—Rega
—Pro-Ject
—Music Hall
—Clearaudio
—Marantz

And what feels like a zillion others.

So how the hell do I choose in a market flooded with tables in my price range? 

Oh, and sure, tell me how stupid I am for not wanting a Technics like I keep seeing recommended on the forum, but I’m not going to buy one so please help me with another offering if you can!!!

And I’d prefer to buy new so I can work with a dealer or manufacturer if there are any issues.....
larshepping
Honestly in that price range, I don't think you can go wrong with any of those particular brands.  The audible differences are going to be minimal, so really the only decision would be personal aesthetics and perhaps upgradability.  Also some of those brands/models come with a solid cartridge attached and others might be an added expense.  

Buying new, I personally like the Clearaudio in that price category.  
Take a look at the Schiit Sol. It gets a sterling review in the last Stereophile mag.
Thanks for the input so far, guys. I guess the fact that I couldn’t really go wrong with any of these turntables is what makes choosing so hard.

I was reading about the Schiit Sol recently and then discovered that it’s currently out of production because of supply chain issues.

The wood plinth for the Technics.....now that’s a nice look!

As for my budget, I forgot who asked but yeah, I’m looking at $1500 to $2000 with a cartridge that I could be happy with for a while.

My phono stage is a Schiit Mani right now. Lots of gain adjustability for different cartridges both MM and MC.
One nice thing about the Sota tables is that if you ever decide to move up down the road, you can trade in or make significant upgrades, depending on which model you start with. You won't lose value like you do you with many alternatives. A phone call with Donna from Sota will be worth your time to understand that. 
If you are open to used, you can have a table shipped directly to Sota and for $100 they'll evaluate it's condition & provide estimates for any required service. A good way to start with a better product and stay in 

While the Sol seems really cool, it's their first table, and who knows how committed they'll be to support a few years down the road if it doesn't sell well? I'd see that as a risk. 

FWIW, I own a Sota, and previously have owned near top of the line models from both VPI and Technics, as well as other types of gear from Schiit. Cheers,
Spencer