Biggest audio hoaxes

Often when people discuss audio, they talk about "snake oil" or "hoaxes."

It's pretty typical to use the term hoax as a tactic against another who disagrees with one, or holds an unusual opinion or vouches for something which has not been verified. That's not what I mean by a "hoax." 

By "hoax" I mean an audio product or claim which has been pretty definitively disproved. Maybe not to everyone's satisfaction, but to common consensus.

So -- with that definition of hoax in mind, what are some of the biggest audiophile hoaxes you've heard of?
128x128hilde45
hilde45, everything I think of, it may have worked for someone else, just not for me. 

The marker, on the outside of CD.

A GOOD car stereo. I've got pretty good sound, just NEVER a good  STEREO sound.

"Perfect sound", I think is a HOAX, especially claiming "ONE" has it..

I don't think it exist..

Pointing to a thingy, or dingleberries hanging from all the outside room to filter bad stuff.. OR painting the outside of main boxes or south facing walls, painted pink... Not so much.. HOAX? NO, I think NUTS is more like it.. LOL

I been one for a while.. I'll try most ANY thing.. if I haven't already.. :-)

We did have a peddle if you want to watch thing for 6-7 years. Fun when you got 10 kids under your feet.. Kinda like making homemade Ice cream. Keep them busy..

Regard
Behold! http://machinadynamica.com/machina43.htm
No, wait- BEHOLD! http://machinadynamica.com/index.html

Sadly, the Morphic Message Labels are discontinued. Fortunately, your humble servant millercarbon researches these things saving you untold pain and discomfort.

Morphic fields are imaginary fields of information. What is information? You’re looking at it! Words! What’s on your CD jewel box? Words! You get the idea. Morphic Message Labels cover up the words, blocking the fields, preventing them interfering with your music.   

Yeah I know what you think but no I am not making this up. Read the Teleportation Tweak above. Sometimes called Morphic Fields, other times called Information Fields, probably called WC Fields on one of the now defunct pages. Whatever. He actually sold blank stickers to cover up words to make your CD sound better.

The best one though was also the most expensive. For $1200 he would call you on the phone, and using his magic quantum powers your music would sound better, and fast, fast as your credit card payment takes to clear.

You asked for the biggest hoax, bet you had no idea we had one this big, didya? LMAO!