So you think wire conductors in cables are directional? Think again...

Here is a very relevant discussion among physicists about the directionality...the way signal and electrons should flow... based on conductor orientation. Some esoteric, high-end manufacturers say they listen to each conductor to see which way the signal should flow for the best audio quality.

Read this discussion. Will it make you rethink what you’re being told and sold?

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/is-a-copper-conductor-directional.975195/
edgewound
No ones talking about skin effect. You're talking about different things. Current is not energy. Current flows in the wire, energy flows along the wire. 
The human body is itself a measuring apparatus but contrary to our other measuring tools our body react to many parameters combined in many dimensions at the same time and translate that in a "sensation"....
This is a citation from my last post here above and i want to add an example of what i speak about when i speak about the multidimensional parameters which are timed together and synchronized in the sound perception by the brain which are not measurable by conventional tool of engineering...

Audio is more complex than electronical engineering only... This is my grain of salt in the soup of those who vouch by their "electrical engineering" faith and such  partial  knowledge erase any possibilities about " directed wiring" experience of perception....

This article is not directly connected to the wire subject but illustrate well how human perception is not reducible to an external object like signals in a wire and a corresponding stimulus sensation or his absence.... Reality is not so simple it is not an object with a subject it is a bit more complicated than that..... Sorry.... Reality  resulted from a recreation by the brain  and is participated by the consciousness which is NEVER external totally to it....  It is the reason why there is no science at the singular but only SCIENCES in the plural....

Here is an article describing surprizing way the brain reorganize sensations/stimulis at different time scale or from different dimensions, and i recommend it especially for those here who always speak of " placebo" instead of figuring out for themselves the complexities in perception :

https://www.neurospeed-bailletlab.org/news/new-study-shows-how-the-predicting-machinery-of-our-brains-syncs-hearing-with-vision
Post removed 
In the red corner, we have the amateur objectivists, who have brought their top high school level physics game, and a small but loud group of supporters.

It the blue corner, we have the professional subjectivists, supported by a loud rancorous crowd. They have also brought their top level high school physics game, but have been working extra hard on their irrelevance game.

The bell will ring in 30 seconds. We expect lots of action, lots of slapping, but few blows being landed in this seemingly never ending fight. There appears to be a lack of interest in knowing what is going on in either side, so this is likely to go the full 15 rounds.

Get your popcorn ready, it is going to be entertaining.
In the red corner, we have the amateur objectivists, who have brought their top high school level physics game, and a small but loud group of supporters.
For sure being objectivist or subjectivist made no sense...Save for children playing in a schoolyard...

Science is not so narrowingly minded.... Me too.... Open working minds are trustful and skeptic at the same time.... Being one or the other has no appeal....