Diagonal Connection With Two Pairs Of Binding Posts

This is from the Chord website:

"As a general rule, the treble connections are usually reckoned to produce better sound quality than the bass connections. However, in many cases, we find that a diagonal connection produces the most musically coherent sound. To do this, connect the positive (+) speaker cable to the positive treble connection and the negative speaker cable (-) to the negative bass connection. So in effect, the cable is connected diagonally. This is quick, easy and fun to do and the results are easy to hear."

I decided to try this today on my Harbeth SHL5+ speakers. Previously, my cables were connected to the lower posts (LF).

I listened to very familiar music for a couple of hours and the change was significant and for the better. The high frequencies were clearer without being bright. The soundstage was wider and overall sound had more presence.

I was not aware that a diagonal connection was an option.

Has anyone tried this? What were the results?

I left the jumpers in place. Should they stay in place in a diagonal set up?

Would appreciate your thoughts/comments.

ericsch
If a speaker is bi wireable, then bi wire it! Dump the jumpers. If the speaker only has 2 terminals, we'll then, you don't need to worry yourself. Pretty simple. Me? I'm bi wiring If the speaker is able to be...just because the all mighty Harbeth got rid of it says absolutely nothing, except cost savings. Tannoy provides 5 binding posts, one is for ground...guess what I did? 😜
Great topic. I will try the different combinations and look into upgrading the jumpers. Thanks for sharing. 
many paths to happiness, and the journey is part of it

this bi wiring stuff is easy to try every which way, everyone can make up their own minds

like all comparisons in this pursuit, just make sure you are doing it properly, so you don't doubt the result due to suspect methodology
After I posted this I went over to HUG and looked at some of the comments. I know they have their biases (all amplifiers sound basically the same, exotic speaker wire is a waste of money, etc.). Alan Shaw says that since the SHL5 series has always bi-wire capability he did not want to change it because then his dealers would be stuck with an outdated model. Further, it was strictly a marketing decision to keep 4 binding posts, i.e. customer choice.

He said he never listened to them bi-wired and they were not voiced that way.  

BTW, none of his other speakers are set up for bi-wire.

FWIW, I have had the SHL5 Plus 40th Anniversary for over 3 years and they are wonderful speakers.  

Great news. It pays to poke around and read as much as you can on the subject. Knowing, now, that the speakers don't really need the use of 4 binding posts, I'd just get the best pair of jumpers you can afford and be done with it, except for the experimenting you'll be doing with which posts to use.

All the best,
Nonoise