So Hard to Decide on an Amp

Hey,

So lately I have been thinking about getting an Amp and using my existing Vincent SV-500 Hybrid Integrated as a Pre-Amp.

I have inquired about some amps in other threads but it just seems so hard to decide as to what will have good Synergy with my system.

Wish I could try out all the Amps that I am thinking about but that would be quite difficult.

The one that is at the top of my list (mind you I haven't personally heard any of these, just going on reviews) is the Pass Labs XA25.

But am also considering the Parasound A21+ and A23+, Benchmark AHB2 and Mystere PA21.

All of have received good reviews and comments from folks.

I suppose the Parasound, especially the A21+ would provide the best Base Response but the others would also be quite worthy.

Tomorrow, I have a Technics SL-G700 SACD Player arriving and so I will be playing with that for a little bit to see if I like it (I am pretty confident I will). My current Denon DVD Bluray Player which I was using has been acting up and I decided it was time for an upgrade.

But soon after, I think I want to try an amp. Not that I really need it, the Vincent satisfies but I am just curious to what an Amp can bring to the table in my system.

Thanks

Jay
128x128jay73
I have a pair of Benchmark AHB2’s as mono blocks and it was the best audio decision I’ve ever made. I had a PS Audio amp prior and when I connected the Benchmark amps, I was startled by the improvement in sound quality, dynamics and resolution. Get the Benchmark...
I’d like to know more about the Crown amplifier, because it has been decades since I have heard or read about any new products under the Crown imprimatur. For example, are they class D amplifiers? Some people just categorically dislike class D amplifiers. I am not necessarily one of them, because I have not heard enough different ones to develop a general opinion. The same question might apply with regard to the Benchmark amplifiers. 
As regards matching preamplifiers with amplifiers, it is really very simple, and it’s easy to avoid a mismatch. You need to know the output impedance of the preamplifier and the input impedance of the amplifier. The input impedance of the amplifier should be at least 10 times the value of the output impedance of the preamplifier, in ohms. If that is the case, then the match is usually bulletproof. Typically, tube preamplifiers will have a higher output impedance than solid-state preamplifiers. Likewise, a solid-state amplifier will tend to have a lower input impedance than a tube amplifier. Consequently, mismatch problems typically arise if you try to mate a tube preamplifier with a solid-state amplifier. But this is not to say that all such matches are verboten. In the modern era, most of those matches will work, too.
@anotherbob, Good Catch! I didn't even realize I mistyped that.

@athrillofhope - Thanks for that feedback, I will need to check them out.

Thanks for all the feedback!
@redwoodaudio, I use a Isotek EVO3 Sirius but that is more a Power Bar vs a line cleaner at least according Isotek.