Tekton versus Klipsch

Hi, 

I am exploring tube amp friendly speakers.

I have listened to Cornwall 4's and Goldenear 2's.

Can anyone share how the sound of the Tektons, say Double Impacts, would compare to the other two brands?

Thanks for listening,

Dsper
dsper
@dsper

I heard the Fritz Carerra also off the flea powered tube amp and was amazed at the results. That was in a typical size hotel room. I was ready to buy if I could justify another pair of 4 figure speakers which I could not at the time. Maybe someday still.... THese are not very efficient speakers but look at Fritz website and see how the crossover is designed to provide a very smooth and easy load which helps smaller amps to overachieve compared to the alternatives. I would expect them to go loud enough for most listeners off a decent size and quality tube amp. You could email fritz and get more details. I have inquired in the past and he was very responsive.

Klipsch are quite a bit more efficient in general and I would expect will go louder BUT probably not as easy a load as Fritz from what I have read, so exact sound might vary more amp to amp as they interact with varying load at various frequencies.

On paper, Tekton is somewhat more efficient but I’ve read with at least one monitor model the efficiency may be overstated (not uncommon) and from what I have read typically not a hard load on the grand scale of things but not the easiest either. Fritz in fact may own that title, along with a few others I know of, like Daedelus.  
Apparently Fritz speakers utilize a series crossover as opposed to the more common parallel crossover design. It’s my understanding that series crossovers are generally simpler circuits and require fewer parts. This could be responsible for an easier speaker impedance curve and thus more compatible with lower power tube amplifiers. L

Based on testimony from others on this thread this might explain the reported good sounding results with tube amplifiers of modest power. So most likely complex crossovers probably siphon off more amplifier power. 
Charles
mapman and charles1dad,

Thanks for the comments. Probably makes sense to call Fritz. Based on the extensive number of parts in my Thiel crossovers and their hard load, I expect the series crossover approach makes a lot of sense.
missioncoonery833 posts
05-07-2021 12:50pm
Ozzy62....Yea your right as the all knowing Oz has spoken,

Oh I'm not the only one who sees it for what it is. And we will give your grammar a pass this time...........