What Makes your System Special?

Could be anything but interested in what makes it special for you.   Is there something you would want to change?
128x128mapman
Great post! Hard to pick one thing, especially as my second go round journey (had to sell off my original system 20 years ago after divorce) has evolved so much especially only recently. My temptation is to say either my Dynaudio's or my Bifrost 2, or my Simaudio Titan...They would be the obvious, easy choices. But right now I'd have to say my Brennan B2 as crazy as that may sound. It has given me a way to not only listen to all of my cd's again (something I haven't really been able to do for 20 years) I am now buying and expanding my collection. Even my old cd carousel back in the day did not have the capacity or convenience even close to the B2...
Nice topic, mapman!

For me, it is that my hodge podge of components, wires and speakers all work together synergistically to make music I love listening to, even when the source material is not up to audiophile standards.  I have heard many systems, at shows, stores, and homes, and the only time I have any envy is on rare systems that cost multiples of what I have spent on mine over the years.  

@hilde45... I have 6 foot ceilings in my man cave, and although it's hardly ideal, I have done only a little work on the room acoustics.  I think my quasi omni speakers have helped in this regard.  And since it's a super quiet basement, I can crank it without disturbing the rest of the house or the neighbors.
Most of my electronics are in a pine cabinet my father built around the time I was born - 1954 - for our family's first TV.  It used to have a front panel with little cut-outs for the TV's controls. I've removed that, but otherwise the cabinet has been in more-or-less continuous use for nearly the whole history of home audio-video systems.

One of my sons crashed his trike into one of the cabinet doors about 25 years ago. We repaired it. Between the floor-standing speakers there's now a gorgeous coffee table he (my son) later built from African mahogany.  Payback.  

The listening room is in a log structure that dates back at least to the Civil War (based on a newspaper fragment found in the chinking).  The walls are about a foot thick. The floor slopes down slightly; the walls aren't perfectly straight and parallel.  This probably is a good thing for acoustics.  REW shows a nearly flat FR from about 15 Hz to 15+ KHz, without any room treatments other than furniture and carpet.
My Tannoys make it special. I love looking at them and listening to them, they speak to me so to speak, lol. What else? My hana el cartridge, tavish tubed phono preamp and the Jensen step up, just a great combination with out mortgaging the house. I’m amazed at what can be had for the money today. Lastly, the environment I listen in is a real world room. I'm surrounded by things of which I love. I'm at peace in this room.