New and engaging rap and hip hop artists

In my last thread before it was shut down I was introduced to a few artist new to me in the genre that I've really dove into. For those of you who are into this style and genre of music, what are some new relatively new artists you can recommend?

They could also be established or old school, especially if you have a certain album or a track you want to point to.

As of late I've been kicking it to Pharoahe Monch and Erykah Badu and have been trying to get into Lil Uzi Vert.

As always, if you have nothing constructive to add, please stay out. We're all audiophiles here, so at least respect the community from that perspective
128x128simao
Simon  - Well...you said it all right there.  Amen.

The older generation thing - it’s interesting. I’ve read that many people identify most with the music they encountered in high school, and that does seem somewhat the case. I’ve never been that way myself, probably because I’ve been both a musician and a DJ.  There is just so much good music (among the less than stellar.)

On a non-rap tip, an album I’ve always really liked is Guitars by Philip Catherine from around ‘75. Sort of jazz/fusion but not just a shredfest - some emotional depth.  Check it out if you ever get the chance - I’d be interested to hear what you think.  Also Zap Mama - a long time favorite - and Higelin’s Illicite.  
@whipsaw thanks for the 🔗. I forgot where I first heard alpha mist, but he really got me - that synthesis of good jazz and groove and spoken word. I found his Antifon vinyl over in England and had to grab it.l!
Yes @ggoggin – agreed! And I enjoy them as well.

@simao That's the combination that appeals to me most naturally. I grew up on soul and funk, and still gravitate in those directions.

Along those lines, while I don't want to stray too far from the subject genre, check out this funky version of So What? from Marcus Miller and his fine band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXS4qSZS6zE