Anyone else uncomfortable with PayPal’s payment process?

I’ve been a PayPal user for about 7-10 years attached to the same bank account for me to receive payments. I recently sold an item and my bank account was nowhere to be found. Instead I found a PayPal procedure to attach an account so PayPal could send me my money.
The first question in the process is pretty easy - they wanted me to name the bank I want them to send my money. East Peasy. The next questions gave me pause. PayPal asked for the Name of my bank account and the Password.
Are all you people OK with PayPay having your private bank account name and password?
In the end, I requested PayPay mail me a check (5-10 working days for delivery).
toolbox149
Paypal has never asked for my password, been using them since 2000. Lots of scams out there and paypal is a favorite. When I did use them, got checks sent to me.
MSPOT
Thanks for taking the time to verify what I said is true. Thanks also for relaying the instructions to easily find the place where anyone  would list a bank account with PayPal, and also your instructions for finding an alternate method are a whole lot better than my, “Instead, look around and find the “other method” and select that”.
I did use the alternate method.
Thanks again,
Toolbox149
just to be clear, paypal would never ask for your password, nor the name on your bank account, even when asking for or confirming your linked bank acct info (aba routing # and acct #)

think about it... why would they?

only scammers would...
fiesta7530 posts
PayPal has never asked for my password, been using them since 2000. Lots of scams out there and paypal is a favorite. When I did use them, got checks sent to me.

I checked a little further and it looks like I’ve been using PayPal since about 2005/2006.  You’re correct, PayPal has never asked me for my bank account name and password - until now.

Toolbox149