Anyone else uncomfortable with PayPal’s payment process?

I’ve been a PayPal user for about 7-10 years attached to the same bank account for me to receive payments. I recently sold an item and my bank account was nowhere to be found. Instead I found a PayPal procedure to attach an account so PayPal could send me my money.
The first question in the process is pretty easy - they wanted me to name the bank I want them to send my money. East Peasy. The next questions gave me pause. PayPal asked for the Name of my bank account and the Password.
Are all you people OK with PayPay having your private bank account name and password?
In the end, I requested PayPay mail me a check (5-10 working days for delivery).
toolbox149
No. This is my account which I access via a tried and true personal link, not from an email or some other risky source.  I set this up about a decade ago.  I’ve since found a way around this process.  When asked for your bank name don’t fill in that info or select one of the links PayPal provides.  Instead, look around and find the “other method” and select that.
If you want to see this just go to your account and start the process to add a bank account.
@toolbox149

whatever you think, the bad guys got in...

paypal would never ask for what you describe for an attached bank account

i hope you didn't play into it...
I confirmed that what the OP described is something legit on the PayPal website. Login to PayPal and select Wallet on the top menu and "Link a Bank" (https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/money/banks/new)
Select a bank, then it will ask for a user/password login at the bank. PayPal’s description is:
We use Yodlee to confirm your bank details and to check your balance and transactions as needed, which can help your PayPal payments go through. For more information, see our Privacy Statement. You can turn off our use of Yodlee by removing permissions for this bank in your Profile.
There is an alternate option if you look at the bottom:
Link your bank another way (Takes 2-3 business days.)
In this case you would enter routing and account number.

PayPal is using Yodlee, a third party financial service (https://www.yodlee.com/company). Personally, I feel more comfortable using the traditional routing/account numbers.
“In the end, I requested PayPay mail me a check (5-10 working days for delivery).”

That’s impressive. I’ve tried the check route with PayPal with zero luck. The option always appears down or unavailable.