recommendation for a high end analog system

I never had an analog system until last month. I bought a 1989 SOTA TT with vacuum/Sumiko MMT arm/Dennon 103R retyped with elliptical/sapphire cantilever. My phono is Kitsune MK5 WBT that is amplified by Don Sach 2 tube preamp and Pass X350.5. My speaker are Sound Lab M545 ESL. The TT has been very   well maintained despite its age. It sounded very good until I heard my friend's system which has the same TT but with Lyra Skala cartridge and first generation Triplanar arm (Spectral pre/amp). His sounded noticeably clearer and fuller. What is the best way to get a noticeable improvement in my system without breaking the bank (or before I have to squint to hear the improvement). I would love to hear some wisdom from analog-philes.
128x128chungjh
Dear @chungjh : I think that main differences could came from two items: cartridge and phonolinepreamp.

The Skala is superior to your Denon that you can change it for a Lyra Kleos and due that I never listened the phonolinepreamps you own but I know very well Spectral then through your electronics you can improve what you are achiving rigth now and one option for overall electronics could comes from Pass that by coincidence you already own at your system’s amp. Maybe could help too to make an internal tonearm rewiring.

Regards and enjoy the MUSIC NOT DISTORTIONS,
R.
No need to be embarrassed. Much better to learn on the Denon before getting a higher end cart!
In the past, the hierarchy of importance in the vinyl chain was. table 1st, arm 2nd & cartridge 3rd. Atma-Sphere has stated that with his Triplanar could make a much less expensive cartridge sound better than an expensive cart on a lesser arm.

As far as the hierarchy goes, I think the phono preamp is as important as the Tonearm. IMO, I’d rather have a lesser cartridge on a great phono pre than a great cartridge on a lesser phono pre.

I don’t know about the 103 except it gets good reviews for being a budget cartridge. But it is no Lyra Skala. Nor is the MMT tonearm a Triplanar. I’d start with the arm and review the phono pre again to see if its up to the task. It may be good but I don’t know. Whatever the case, enjoy the journey