Streaming an aid to enjoyment

Although records, CDs and SACDs sound better on my system, I prefer to stream because I don’t get as involved in the SQ as much. My enjoyment is enhanced when I don’t expect to be wowed by the sound and just listen to the music. Streaming allows me to do this much better than other sources do. Not that streaming sounds that much inferior, it’s just that I allow myself to relax and concentrate on the music. I actually enjoy the sound more, too.
How about you?

128x128rvpiano
Try to learn two different listening modes. One is critical evaluation mode and the other is enjoy the music mode. You can learn to shut off the critical mode and just get into the music. 
I believe your problem is "expectations". You are listening to the equipment and do not relax into the music. You like the music more with the streamer because you allow yourself to relax. But you do not allow yourself to relax with the vinyl and CDP. Its as if you have made your system into a hierarchy where you have high expectations of the TT and CDP. But you have automatic low expectations for the streamer because you KNOW it is the inferior source. This is my thoughts from reading your post and having a decent understanding of the human psyche.

IME the higher the expectation, the more opportunity for a let down. Low expectation often result in better experience. Its all in what your "standard" is. We are human and as a result, we're all kind of a strange mix . Take your CDP and TT out of the competition and just relax. IMO it is illogical to enjoy music of a lower quality better than of higher quality, if it is the same music. Relax. Forget about anything or how good or bad your system. Determine to love the music. try it and see what happens. BTW I doubt you are the only one to experience this. 
For me, I only stream when I'm lazy. I get into the music more when the SQ is excellent.