Holographic Soundstage ?

I would like to share my observation and hopefully get some input from people who have the same interest.

My system consist of Wharfedale Opus 3 , Krell KRC-3 preamp, Krell KSA 150 amp, Chord Qutest DAC and a computer with JCAT USB EX running Roon/with LPSU from HDPlex.
I mainly like holographic soundstage and would be able to achieve a very good 3D soundstaging with my current Krell setup.
I decided to try out tube amp a couple days ago because I read through the internet and everybody told me that tube amp always have better holographic soundstage and 3D imaging comparing to SS amp.
So I order a Raven Blackhawk MK3 from Raven audio with 45 days home trial just to try it out. I was expecting a very holographic soundstage that will blow my Krell out of the water.
Well, I was so WRONG. The Krell combo actually has a deeper and wider soundstage comparing to the Raven.
The Raven also has some very weak bass comparing to the Krell which is more punchy and tonally rich textured bass.
I cannot understand why it happens. I am always under the impression that tube amp will always provide more holographic soundstage. Obviously, In my set up the Krell is superior when it come to 3 dimensionality.

I will keeping trying out the Raven Blackhawk in the next couple of weeks and if things are not improved. I am ready to return the Raven and perhaps trying out the other tube amps (or solid state amps) that can beat the Krell combo.

If any one has some idea of such a product, please let me know. I am looking for an upgrade right now.

128x128viethluu
shreg1, your argument for cat 7 and fiber vs wifi making any difference in sound is pure imagination. 
The most 3D speakers I have ever heard, are my ESL-57's.

Limitations? For sure! (Everything has it's limitations...)

I was listening to them when I first got them after having built some new legs for them and getting them set up "properly".

Was listening to "Jazz at the Pawnshop", a piece I was not particularly familiar with. The audience can be heard chatting, clinking and bustling in the background. At the beginning of the record, I actually turned around to see who was in my room, looking over my left shoulder convinced I had heard someone there. Nope, was the background sounds of the audience. The soundstage was just crazy, have never experienced anything like that before. Full 360 degree "Soundarama Soundstage" 
I always found imaging was more a function of the speakers

~~~~~~~~~~~~
WOW alot of posts up above i have yet to read. 
But anyway, I agree here, speakers is the actual voice to the other components. 
So the idea of 
~3D~
I interpret as 
Soundstage/width/depth, life like vocals. Muddy mids eliminated, not too *warm* which to me is distortion, likea  layering effect.
The Gold Lion KT88's were too warm in my amp = less soundstage, or if you wish ~3D effect~.
The term in the old days as coined by Philips ~High Fidelity~.
Tag it anyway you wish. 
I perfer the old standard termonolgy
~High Fidelity~
With the right speakers, all other components and the tewaks such as new  botique caps, resistors, wiring/cables , can work in their effects on total sound. 
If anyone says high end caps are just as good as low priced caps, is wrong. \
I've made this experiement and  can assure you, higher end caps, make a  nice nuance gain.
Also know that that holographic sound quality is partly due to what's coming out of your source components.

~~~~~~~~~~
Well yes, I just added a  Philips 777 phono to my sources. Phono is superior to cds, but my classical collection is mostly cd releases. I am adding LP 's lately and can concur LP's do  possess a  ~3D~ which digital cds  lack, Not sure about the new high bit streaming, which i am not interested in. 
Source used will affect for better or worse...
Also most of my classical cds are not super high resoltion/studio engineered recordings, take this into account, But then also some jazz cds tend to lack that sparkle, such as Diana Krall, tend to be a bit rough in dynamics. 
I think the  1960's,  early 1970's recordings were best sound quality. 

In classical, some EMI and Philips recordings suffer from poor studio  recording. 

Holographic is easy with 4 Walsh....2 front, 2 rear, with judicious level and balance control.

One doesn't need to get too deep into room acoustics and the treatment issue, either.