“Hamilton” is a Rap masterpiece!

“I’m not throwing away my shot!”
Third time may be a charm.
Yes, true that much of Rap is strident and confrontational. Not mention the other negative elements.
But in my examination of many of the suggestions of people’s favorite Rap, I have indeed, discovered many pieces that are brilliant and fascinating. There is no denying that the musical value is extreme and undeniable.
A true art form developed over decades, there is much true innovation.
My personal taste leans heavily toward traditional song structure and, as such, prefers Rap with strong melodic elements. However, I understand the passion and creativity behind Rap based on a more rhythmic basis. Also true that the ever present anger is difficult to take but understandable. It is sad that there is so much.
But it is absolutely clear that “Hamilton” is a modern masterpiece of Rap. Brilliantly telling the story of this central figure in our founding. Engaging and gripping.
The last two Rap threads were shut down because members were frequently criticized for their opinions.
There is no question that Rap engenders much feeling. Can we agree to disagree?

mglik
@tablejockey a good friend of yours used to babysit Lin-Manuel Miranda? That's kind of cool. Did ever tell this forum about the time I made Norah Jones cry?
"But this hobby is seriously graying..."

It is great if it is graying. Many complain it is balding.
artemus- Why is a black cast performing the life of Hamilton? Or is it a completely black cast? Is it their interpretation of Hamilton, the US or something else?

It is indeed something else. As I said in the beginning Hamilton is revisionist racist bufoonery. The people who write and watch this drivel are so ignorant of history it is almost unfathomable. What I mean is no matter how dimwitted you think they are, faster than you can turn around they come up with something even dumber!

Hamilton is part of the same ideology that produced the 1619 Project, another totally made up re-write of actual history.

The premise or foundational understanding of all of this is that the United States of America is not just another country that started off imperfect like all the others, but that racism and oppression are our whole reason for being. I know. Insane. But they really do believe this. A lot of the same people posting approval really do believe this. Most of them are simply too cowardly to come out and say it. But their actions speak volumes. Look what they go out of their way to promote- a play that stands American history on its head, making out the country that did more than any other to abolish slavery out as racist to the core.  

The people who can watch Hamilton, let alone laud it as art, reprehensible does not even begin to cover it.

Notice they have nothing to come back with. That is why all you ever get from them is shut up. They attack you personally, because they have nothing intellectually to come up with. All they can do is keep insisting, keep bullying, hope you will just shut up. When that doesn’t work they will physically make you shut up, which is what they have done by removing every post containing actual lyrics. They cannot stand to see just how bankrupt their twisted views are, so they cover their eyes. Which is fine. Go live in ignorance. Live and let live.

But notice they will not just live and let live. Their disgusting topics have been removed every single time, and yet they keep coming back flaunting the fact they know they have no place here. Sad. So very, very sad.

As for Hamilton: Pathetic.