What's the deal with Ebay and Paypal these days?

I thought you couldn't sell or buy on Ebay without their having a checking account for you.

But I just bought some speaker wire and it went right through paypal. 

Can I sell things on Ebay and have people pay me via paypal?    
128x128seattle_mike
I won't sell on ebay anymore due to the checking account requirement. Other sites have proved to be better overall for selling. Goodbye ebay...
Ebay sucks ass Royaly , there so greedy certain items you would be able to find Are not worth listing so you will never see them. I was an early power seller and towards the end I felt like a slave to eBay it’s at a point where they make all the money on the transaction and dont do nothing , it’s my stuff, it’s my labor , it’s my effort , I need more money to make it worth it for me . And that’s why I won’t sell on eBay anymore . Better off on offer up or craigslist dealing with the crazies . 

I was just bumped into managed payments by eBay. I had no choice, but remarkably, after I was in managed payments the proceeds of one of my sales wound up in PayPal. As long as I get paid in the end, I suppose it works but clearly, funds were available to me quicker via PayPal than they are now via managed payments