Wilson Audio Specialties Chronosonic XVX loudspeaker!! only $300,000.oo

What a bargain, still bet they sound great with the right amp up them, looking at that impedance/phase angle graph.
https://www.stereophile.com/images/421WXVXfig1.jpg

XVX is a very demanding load, with EPDR less than 1.1 ohms between 52Hz and 66Hz and between 197Hz and 287Hz, with minimum values of 0.91 ohms at 450Hz and 0.94 ohms at 3250Hz. The Chronosonic XVX should be used with amplifiers that don't have problems driving loads of 2 ohms and lower.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/wilson-audio-specialties-chronosonic-xvx-loudspeaker

Cheers George

128x128georgehifi
Post removed 
Post removed 
daveyf2,081 posts04-30-2021 4:22pm@edgewound I always laugh when I see an example of what you posted about with guitar ’collectors’. I have a friend who cannot play a lick and who recently was more than happy to show me his newest Gibson LP Gold Top...which he just paid over $40K for! It will hang on the wall in his study, along with 10-20 other dried out ’collector’ pieces. Sometimes it makes me question why this guy has these very nice guitars and an ex-pro studio musician, like myself, has to do with their lowly Tele...then i play my beloved Tele and I wouldn’t swap for all the 'collector' guitars in the world...there is no fun in having guitars on a wall and not being able to play them, IMHO.
Yeah...My favorite guitar is a partscaster I built 30+ years ago for about $600. The closest thing to what it'll do in a new guitar is several thousand $$. 
@audition__audio 

Yeah, I suspect you are correct. Entitlement is a challenging thing these days. 

You would have to have your head examined to spend that kind of money on ANY audio component, that is if you even HAD the money. You can buy a pretty nice house for 300k! Freakin’ ridiculous what they are asking for these and other speakers. Whereas as a home will most likely appreciate in value, these will lose 50% once you bring them home...stupid. lastly, they are hideous looking, unless you like your speakers to resemble an arcade video console. You might as well stick on a pac-man or centipede decal. Jeez, for 300k at least make them look good.