Stereophile's 2021 products of the year

And wow! Schiit Audio 20w Class-A Aegir stereo poweramp made it into the A rating. 
https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/stereophile-s-2012-products-of-the-year
Cheers George
128x128georgehifi
There is definite value in the stereophile reviews but you have to be careful with matching components for compatability and synergy. this is why they list the associsted components which i like.  
Another good point, as then the reader, if able and can take in the mesurments. Can then also look up the measurements on those associated components to see if they were compatible, and if what the reviewer is saying could be attributed to it.

Cheers George
I read all the rags, forums and reviews, make a list, demo and decide.
Kinda like getting your news if you only watch CNN you only get their slant on the story.
With all this consider the sources.
I do enjoy Part Time Audiophile the most.
Interesting thread. I too wonder about the relationship between Stereophile ad sales and content. However, I have read it for enough years that I can discern a great review from a merely good or ok one. I also think that generally there is lots of good gear made these days especially at popular prices and so differentiation is often along lines other than just sound. I find the measurements interesting but as a non-engineer I too could benefit from understanding more of what to look for. (I would be in much better shape if they focused on their financials, marketing strategy or legal situation but noone would care about those.) I still though want to hear my music reproduced in a more favorable form and every so often I want to upgrade gear to do it. I also live someplace without any significant retail audio presence especially one which can lend me gear I might buy and am also 1000s of miles from other states (HI) so I rely on expertise to make me aware of gear, hopefully credible expertise from the industry as well as forums like this one. I know I am not alone in this case especially as the years have passed and more audiophiles are "older", there are fewer BM stores, etc. I take everything with a grain or two of salt including here on AG and in the pubs and on other sites. BUT, it still helps and provides both entertainment and insight. 
And the influence of the mags is exactly why you shouldnt take them seriously. If a mature hobbyist doesnt outgrow the various pubs within a few years then they are doing something wrong. How boring it is to have to read between the lines to get the true meaning of a review. The whole model stinks and is harmful to the hobby.