What is an audiophile? Are you an audiophile?

I had been pondering this question since I have been involved in audio. Not sure what audiophile means. I went to a few fellow audio gurus get together events and although I had fun and liked the company, I felt out of place. In fact of the opinions and passion people here on Audiogon have, I do not have such strong attachments. So what is your take.... are you an audiophile? If you are, how do you know?
128x1282psyop
Yeah, I'm giving you a rough first draft here, but here goes...  Audiophiles love music.  Though their individual tastes and preferences may vary, they want to be able to reproduce the music they love as closely to their tastes & perceptions as their circumstances and pocketbooks can afford. 
An audiophile is someone for whom the quality of the sound of the music, not the musical content itself, is of the utmost importance. An audiophile prioritizes sound quality. A music lover prioritizes the quality of the musical content. This is not to say that one can’t prioritize both. However, ask yourself this question: if forced to give up one or the other, which would it be? There’s your answer.
edcyn and frogman
Great observations. I get the fact the pocketbook will dictate what one can afford and I also understand the difference between music lovers and gear lovers. I also know it’s a loaded question that has been asked. But the question is not an attack on someone or statement of fact, just asking opinions. Also asking what your opinion of what an audiophile is. I see myself as one because I do love music and gear, but I don’t see myself as one because my passion does not go as deep as others I talk with. According to frogman, I am a music lover not an audiophile. I can be happy listening to a fine acoustic guitar performance on a youtube video played through my macbook. I can take it to another level with listening to my stereo.... to a degree.

I think the idea of someone being a jerk or arrogant to some obvious degree is not just found with audio. There are bike jerks, car jerks, golf jerks and any other hobby one can think of. I have talked a few "know it all" people and that can be tiring. I guess the level of strong opinions has much to do with vanity and pride with whatever gear one may have or has manufactured alongside with a healthy amount of inherent conceit. No problem there, I just don’t feel that kind of passion.
Thanks for the responses, again not attacking anyone at all!!