What's the deal with Ebay and Paypal these days?

I thought you couldn't sell or buy on Ebay without their having a checking account for you.

But I just bought some speaker wire and it went right through paypal. 

Can I sell things on Ebay and have people pay me via paypal?    
128x128seattle_mike
ebay just changed how the seller gets paid,..no changes for making purchases
I've been banned from selling on eBay for 10 years because I don't have a PayPal account, I refused to have one anymore but buy as a guest. So now I don't need a PayPal account to sell? Is that what your laying down?
Ebay no longer uses PayPal to handle the financial transactions. They now do it in-house. They take many types of payment including Google Pay & PayPal. The procedure is called Managed Payments. When payment is made by the buyer, after they receive an invoice with shipping and state sales tax, the seller can buy a shipping label that is directly subtracted from the total, along with all eBay fees. The remainder will be deposited in your checking account in 3 days or less. You are required to have a checking account and the application form requires your Social Security number. The system works really well and includes The Seller Hub that tracks everything for you and is very intuitive.
Post removed