6.5 vs 8 vs 10 woofer

IMHO I think the 8 is the ideal size cone for mid/small sized listening rooms. Even for large size listening rooms. 
The lower mid hz's seem cleaner/clearer. And  there is so little fq's in 905+ of the music we listen to, it seems to me the 8  driver is the most perfect size cone.
A 10 size cone  has the potential to become overwheling, aggressive, attacking when amp gain is pushed just a  tad too much, = Better  volume  control with a  8 vs a 10. 
The 6.5 misses some of that lower bass which a  8 can voice superior. 
After listening to several YT vids with a  10 FR, I had considered going 10, but i think  staying with a  8 avoids regrets. 
I listen at low/mid volume. 

mozartfan
I think we have a new Kenjit. Very few people can fill those shoes, but we seem to have a winner!
Clearly the OP doesn't list his room size and mention 8" woofer is sufficient for large sized rooms come on. Doug Schroeder hits the nail on the head. 
Just left Richard's shop, we looked at some charts of the 8's  vs  10's , which i am considering. 
10's is the better choice.
I asked Richard about some of the low hz's in the cello section, , seems the 8's range would miss out  in the lower range fq's. 

Having owned the 6.5 MTM, for now going 20 years, I'll finally get to hear some of the lower bass I've been missing out in my  full orchestra recordings. . 
Now let me ck out a few of the above comments. 

, Voxtiv, makes a sub with a crossover. OOOOOP

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've lost interest in the Voxativ
1st off , good luck attempting to get in touch with any USA  distributor.
2ndly
I'm more interested in a  10, for the lower fq range. This will be my very 1st 10 inch in my system, I'm excited. 
The   10, I will not require a  sub.
 Another local tech strognly suggested to avoid all subs. I agree.

These 8" drivers work from 60hz to 300hz.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well yeah, if you can confirm that 60hz for the 8 as real.
manufacturers tech's sometimes are a  bit ~stretched~.
From the chart on the web site, Richard sees the 10 going ~ 40's~~
Which I am not so sure there are 8's which can go into the 40's, in ~ accurate testing~~ apart from what the lab states on the specs.