Upgrade entry level or start over?

I have a stock Fluance RT-82 turntable with an Ortofon OM10. Preamp is a Schiit Mani. I would like to upgrade my analog setup. I listened to vinyl as a youth, and then just recently got back into it about 6 months ago.

Would my money be better spent upgrading my existing setup or buying a different turntable altogether? Upgrades might include a new cartridge, new platter, new preamp, etc. Or should I buy something like a Rega Planar 3?

Budget either way would be about $1000. Would love to hear suggestions from those with more experience than me. 

In case it matters, the rest of the gear is a Schiit Freya preamp, Rotel RC-1070 amp, and KEF LS50 speakers with SVS SB2000 sub.

Thanks in advance for your help.
funkbass4
audioguy, I believe we have a different definition of what great is. By the way, the Hana Microline is $1,200.00.
funkbass, hard to tell until you put everything together and listen. I would choose each piece, one at a time, starting with the phono amp.
Both Stereophile and The Absolute Sound have an issue each year where they dedicate the issue to recommended products. I recommend you buy both of these on line and read up on the choices in their recommended products and choose from those. It is not that there are not great products outside their sampling but there are so many and marketing is a major selling tool... many are not that great a product. Also, I recommend getting a subscription.

Making audio decisions only gets easier with great knownledge. All the folks on this forum, including me, has very limited exposure to the whole range of product choices and are not necessarily unbiased. The reviewers make an effort to be fair and transparent and generally have much greater experience with different products. Also, they use generally accepted audio terms... this will help you learn them... as well as having what you read be less ambiguous.

I would agree, start with the phono stage and reach as far as you can... adding 20 or 50% cost above what you have may be too little to get you a big sonic gain. Work at the 3x or more at your level if you can.