Upgrade entry level or start over?

I have a stock Fluance RT-82 turntable with an Ortofon OM10. Preamp is a Schiit Mani. I would like to upgrade my analog setup. I listened to vinyl as a youth, and then just recently got back into it about 6 months ago.

Would my money be better spent upgrading my existing setup or buying a different turntable altogether? Upgrades might include a new cartridge, new platter, new preamp, etc. Or should I buy something like a Rega Planar 3?

Budget either way would be about $1000. Would love to hear suggestions from those with more experience than me. 

In case it matters, the rest of the gear is a Schiit Freya preamp, Rotel RC-1070 amp, and KEF LS50 speakers with SVS SB2000 sub.

Thanks in advance for your help.
funkbass4
If memory serves, the Ortofon cartridge engine is the same as the higher end units, such as the om40. Maybe find a stylus for an om30 or om40 and swap it out? The super om30 was on a turntable here for many years only recently to be replaced.
'A great phono stage is a minimum $2,500.00. An excellent cartridge is a minimum $1,500.00. A solid tonearm would start about $1,300.00"

I think you need to do more research! You can find great cartridges, phono preamps, etc for a lot less than the above listed prices. How about the Hana el?? How about the tavish design the classic, vintage, or even the Adagio? How about the pro-ject tube box ds2?? How about the musical fidelity mx- vinyl? How about the  pro-ject 9cc tonearm?? All of these are excellent...just to mention a few...
After some research, I was considering the following upgrades:

Phono stage: Lounge LCR MKIII, Pro-Ject Tube Box S2, Musical Surroundings Phonomena II+
Cartridge/stylus: Ortofon OM30, OM40, 2M Blue, 2M Bronze, Hana EL or SH

My current setup is Schiit Mani phono stage and Ortofon OM10 cartridge.

Do you think this is enough of an upgrade to notice a significant improvement, or do I need to spend way more as some of you have suggested?

Once again, all your advice is appreciated!
audioguy, I believe we have a different definition of what great is. By the way, the Hana Microline is $1,200.00.
funkbass, hard to tell until you put everything together and listen. I would choose each piece, one at a time, starting with the phono amp.