By far, my most significant system upgrade!

I have always known how important speaker cables are.
So much so that I had spent $5K on my former cable.
But moved by slam dunk rave reviews and the knowledge of the integrity of designer, Jeff Silver, I bought his new masterpiece.
Amazingly, I spent a mere $1K and $275 on the bi wire and discovered a speaker cable that made my former cable sound like junk. Silversmith Fidelium!
mglik
Also please note that the bi wires are $175 not $275!Jeff has created an innovative kind of jumper that, in a loop, connects to both sets of binding posts instead of a jumper that connects to one pair of binding posts and jumps to the second pair.
This seem like such a simple and obvious fix. But Jeff is the first to think of it and offer such a reasonable and logical improvement.
Is it really the case that the two conductors that make up the speaker cable are completely separate? That is pretty wacky given the inductance problems pointed out.

I've usually got an open mind about what will provide a positive benefit to an audio system, but this is right up there with using gallium alloys for speaker cable conductors - one of the worst electrical conductors that can still be considered a metal. 

These kinds of approaches which seem to ignore everything we've learned about physics and electro-magnetic behavior give audiophile products a bad reputation. 

I really wish cable manufacturers would, at the very least, list the capacitance, inductance, and resistance of their cables, even if they aren't willing to disclose the geometry and materials used.
Fidelium speaker cables are the most significant system upgrade of our system too.  This is over 30 years of building the system.  mrs. xenolith thinks so too.

So does another Audiogoner who contacted me about these cables and who, out of courtesy, since I haven't asked and he hasn't told me I can use his name, I'll leave anonymous.  Here's an excerpt from his last message to me:

"I got my pair the other day. WOW!
Simply amazing. Best 1200 bucks I've ever spent on audio gear. A REAL upgrade."   

Regarding inductance: from Jeff Smith, copied from here: https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=172528.20

"Likewise, if a user were to separate the positive and negative Fidelium run by a foot or more, the resulting inductance would still be at least 2 to 3 orders of magnitude less than anything that would affect frequency response."

I hear much better high frequency response...as well as every other frequency response...with the Fidelium cables than I did with the more expensive silver speaker cables that they replaced...and which they reduced my estimation of (on a scale of 1 to 10) from a 9.5 to a 5.

I would encourage my Audiogoner colleagues to be not so confident in what you would hear if you we're to listen to something and rather give some small measure of credence to your fellow Audiogoners who have actually heard that something.   

Lastly, like I told the anonymous Audiogoner: " Easiest way I can think of to be a hero with one's wife! ;)" 

Who's not interested in that?

dletch2,

As I suspected, you never have auditioned them.
So you can predict how a cable sounds with no knowledge of it's parameters.
Very impressive!
You, my friend, are a blowhard....