Grado Signature Model 8 worth re-tip?

I have a couple of cartridges that I have had for many years that I never used and would like to send them for an inspection/re-tip if worthwhile?

One of them is a ’Joseph Grado Signature Model 8’

I have used SoundSmith before, but would like other suggestions for re-tippers.

Looking forward to reading your posts!

Rick
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xrich121
Prices are quite a bit different.

8MZ is $175.00
XTZ is $475.00

Is their $300.00 difference in sound improvement, or just as important, is my Signature Model 8 worthy?

Just trying to put cost and end performance in perspective.

Really appreciate the posts and information!

Rick

Rich, for whatever it may be worth, I owned and used every all the mentioned Grados including the XTZ back in the day. I loved their full bodied, bold and lush sound. 
Is the 8MZ stylus worth it at $175? Without a doubt! Look at it this way: what else can you get of comparable sound for $175? I can’t think of anything. Also keep in mind its user friendly high output and good tracking ability. Is the XTZ stylus worth the extra $300? Probably, but I would put it this way:

The XTZ stylus is a substantial improvement over the 8MZ stylus. However, keep in mind that putting the XTZ stylus on an Sig 8 body does not make it an XTZ cartridge. As Chackter says, the XTZ is a great cartridge; substantially better than a Sig 8, but while the XTZ stylus works in the Sig 8 body, the XTZ has different electrical characteristics and much lower output than the Sig 8.

Good luck.
Regarding stylus compatibility you can ask Grado direct.

Many of the LP Gear styli are NOT the originals, my advice is to stay away from their products if you don’t know exactly what you are buying.

Grago styli available from authorized Grado dealers, those are originals for sure.
LP Gear is an an authorized Grado dealer. I have bought replacements from them many times!