Grado Signature Model 8 worth re-tip?

I have a couple of cartridges that I have had for many years that I never used and would like to send them for an inspection/re-tip if worthwhile?

One of them is a ’Joseph Grado Signature Model 8’

I have used SoundSmith before, but would like other suggestions for re-tippers.

Looking forward to reading your posts!

Rick
128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xrich121
Good advice to go to LP Gear; but if you have never used it, it should not need replacing or inspection. Just set it up and go!
With Grado cartridge you have to contact GRADO , those are MI cartridges with press-fit nude diamonds on special cantilevers.

If you want to buy genuine Grado products look for dealers on their site:
https://gradolabs.com/company/where-to-buy

If your Grado is 8MZ then your stylus is user replaceable, forget about re-tippers!
Buy genuine stylus from Grado.

@chakster
I messaged Grado just before posting this thread.
I'm very impressed, they got right back to me just a couple hours later!
The current replacement stylus for my 8 MR is the Grado 8MZ that yogiboy posted.

I have never listened to this cartridge before, as it was included in a turntable purchase many many years ago.  Is it worth $175.00 for the replacement cartridge?
What can I compare this cartridge to?

Thanks for the posts everyone!

Rick
I have Grado XTZ and it’s great, top of the line MI from Joe Grado. Do not buy from LP gear if it’s not an authorized Grado dealer, check on Grado website, buy genuine stylus from Grado direct or from their authorized dealers.

You can use XTZ stylus on your cartridge too, but it’s more expensive than 8MZ.

I have the XTZ stylus (from LP gear) on my signature 8 & it sounds great. Much better than it did with the stock stylus