My most recent, long-term, go-to music...

Greetings...I truly hope this day finds you well.

I’m a guitar player...So I tend to gravitate to guitar centric music. My main go-to CD that I play, particularly to test speaker systems after I repair them is Lee Ritenour’s "Six String Theory". It’s a collection of phenomenal musicians that play tracks from acoustic solo to Be-Bop to Blues to near Heavy Metal. It will surely give your system a showcase of it’s capabilities.

Next up is an absolute masterpiece of music from one of my favorites of all time, the four CD album, "These Days" by Vince Gill. Vince took a huge risk with this project and ended up winning a Grammy for for it. The absolute pinnacle of his career. As you might know...He’s now playing with The Eagles after the passing of Glenn Frey.

For swing and big band there are two supremely entertaining live recordings that I absolutely love.
The first is "Live At The Sands, Frank Sinatra with The Count Basie Orchestra". The disc itself is little on the bright side, but the recording engineers really captured the feel of the room, show, audience...and that amazing Count Basie orchestra...1965. I was fortunate enough to have seen Tony Bennet at the Sands with my parents in the 1970s before it was demolished. The history of that place is pretty amazing. The House That Frank Built.

The second one is in the same category..."The Rat Pack, Live At The Sands". Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Sammy Davis, Jr. My copy of this on CD is actually a better quality recording than the previous mention. Supremely entertaining recording of three guys that truly loved each other in a time that paid no attention to being politically correct...1963.

Two live recordings that deserve mention happen to both be with Peter Frampton. "Humble Pie, Live At the Fillmore", and "Frampton Comes Alive". The recording engineers really knew what they were doing back then.

Have a fine musical day!
edgewound