RCA Interconnect.

I have been in the Stereo system for 50+yrs and was always very2 skeptical about any "Cable-effect" to the system.
I am retired now and decided to see if there is any and DIY some RCA/XLR Interconnects.
All cables are 3ft each and has Neutrik NF2C RCA Proffesional at the end.
The Cables are:
1. Belden Brilliance 8412- $1.48/ft
2. Van Damme Silver Series Lo-cap 55 - $4,50/ft
3. Neotech Nemoi 3220 Directional - $ forget/ft.
3. Mogami 2534 - $1,59/ft. for an XLR cable 3ft each terminated with Neutrik NC3 XLR Connector.
It was Game-changer and Ear-opening for me.
From this moment I am using RCA Interconnect cable made of Van Damme Silver Series in my system, its more open, detail, so clear and suitable for my ears compare to other.

samadhana
I'll tell you what blew my mind was the weaves and helix construction. I'm using T8-24, OCC/Silver clad PTFE weave AND T8-24 OCC PTFE weaves with silver over copper terminal ends.

The same with OCC/Silver clad PTFE ribbon cable.

Do you know what Norcast wants for EITHER? Used 6-7k New 10K

I paid less than 150. per pair of 3 meter runs.. I did have to swap the ends on a couple pairs. 3 pairs 30 minutes with new shrink tube.. 39.00 per 4 silver over red copper terminal ends..

Every bit the quality and SQ 100 times the price.... 100 TIMES..

Sounds weird but you have to listen to the cables to figure a good direction. You can look at the cable and see how it was pulled through the dies too. Conditioning is optional, I condition cables.. I use a cooker..
I pay attention to the cable BEFORE I put it together. In China, not so much..:-). BUT for 100 times the difference in price.. I'll check.. LOL

Regards
From Cambridge Audio to Schiit to Mcintosh.
I was just trying to have fun with these DIY Interconnects / XLR experiment. I understand there are limitless quality, pricewise cables out there.
When I sat and listened to my Stereo-system, I was there, in front of the music. Never thought this system is High-end, Low-end, Medium-end or Half ass-end.
What do you consider High-end, the price, the brand or else?
Please de-fine High-end.

samadhana OP
11 posts04-23-2021 5:30pmFrom Cambridge Audio to Schiit to Mcintosh.
I was just trying to have fun with these DIY Interconnects / XLR experiment. I understand there are limitless quality, pricewise cables out there.
When I sat and listened to my Stereo-system, I was there, in front of the music. Never thought this system is High-end, Low-end, Medium-end or Half ass-end.
What do you consider High-end, the price, the brand or else?
Please de-fine High-end.
Most everything you mention is what a professional recording studio or musician/live sound engineer would use. Reasonable prices for excellent quality raw material. Try some RG-6 quadshield coax if you want to really have a performance value. Spending a few bucks to DIY with great results vs. a few thousand bucks for the same results from a "boutique" vendor.

"...limitless quality, pricewise cables out there." L0L! Why won't anybody making these subjective claims consent to a blind listening test? Afraid of the results?